This topic provides a list of documents and other resources you need to help you learn about triggers and use them in your Zendesk account.
To learn more about triggers, refer to these articles:
You can also watch these videos to learn more about business rules, including triggers:
- Working with triggers
- Video: Automatic notifications with triggers [2:02]
To learn more about how to use and manage triggers, refer to these articles:
For information about advice and troubleshooting triggers, refer to these articles:
- I can't I reassign a ticket
- My customers are receiving email responses even when I don’t add a public comment
- How can I tell if my email notifications are being sent to the end-user?
- How do I disable all emails to agents?
- Avoiding conflicting triggers
You can also visit the Advice and troubleshooting > Business rules section of the Zendesk Knowledge base.
For more information about triggers best practices, refer to these articles:
- How do I add a hyperlink to a trigger?
- Automations vs. Triggers - When To Use What
- Automatically tagging tickets from specific users and organizations
- Organizing incoming tickets with multiple email addresses
- The importance of the 'Ticket is' condition
For more information about how to fine tune your triggers, refer to these articles:
- Fine Tuning: Brick by Brick- How to build your ideal workflow
- Zendesk on Zendesk: Escalating tickets to developers
- Zendesk on Zendesk: Bump Bump Solve
- Fine Tuning: Agent Productivity
- Fine Tuning: Taking action on Customer satisfaction
- Fine Tuning: Effective team communication in your support organization
Refer to these articles for trigger recipes:
- Sending holiday notifications using triggers
- How to assign a follow up ticket to the assignee on the closed ticket.
- Can I configure a trigger to add a comment to a ticket?
- How can I route tickets to groups based on the support address they are received at?
- Notifying external email addresses
- How do I prevent email notifications from being sent out on SMS tickets?
- How can I prevent agents from reassigning tickets to other agents?
Some of our customers have shared great tips with the community for workflows they've set up using triggers! See articles below. Also, feel free to share your own tip for using triggers.
- How to set a reminder on a ticket
- How to change the ticket subject using a trigger
- Using Liquid Markup to A/B Test Your Triggers
- Creating a notification to identify tickets that are stuck at the back of the queue due to no SLA being applied