This article is for the setting up LINE for the standard Support agent interface. If you have the Zendesk Agent Workspace, see Adding LINE channels to the Agent Workspace .
If you have installed social messaging, you can add a LINE channel to Support. You must be an admin to add an account, and you must have access to your LINE administrative settings.
If you don’t already have a LINE account, you may want to review the LINE topic in the Sunshine Conversations Help Center.
This article includes these sections:
Adding a LINE account to Support
You must have a LINE account that you have already created.
As part of adding your account to Support, you will need to copy and paste information from Support to your LINE accounts. Before you begin, you may want to open your LINE and WeChat administrative settings on separate tabs in your browser.
To add a LINE account to Support
- Complete the initial steps with the Add account wizard that are described in Adding social messaging accounts to Support.
- From the wizard in Support, enter a channel name.
- Scroll down and enter your Channel ID, Channel access token, and Channel secret.
You can get these from the LINE Developer Center. Open the account for editing and from the Basic settings tab, copy the values from the Channel ID and Channel secret fields. Then, from the Messaging API tab, scroll down to the Channel access token section, and copy the value from the Channel access token (long-lived) field.
- From the wizard in Support, copy the Webhook URL. Then go to the LINE Developer Center and open the account for editing. From the Messaging API tab, scroll down to the Webhook settings section, and open the Webhook URL setting for editing. Paste the Webhook URL into your LINE settings and then click Verify.
Note: If an error message appears in the LINE Developer Center after you click Verify, wait 10 seconds and then try again.
- From the wizard, click Add account.
- (Recommended) Set up the auto-responder.
Note: The auto-responder sends messages automatically to end users when you receive their messages. For more information about how it works and how to set it up, see Sending automatic responses to WhatsApp, LINE, or WeChat.
Editing LINE or WeChat settings in Support
After you add a LINE or WeChat account to Support, you can view and edit certain LINE and WeChat channel settings.
To view or edit LINE and WeChat channel settings in Support
- In Admin Center, click the Apps and integrations icon () in the sidebar, then select Apps > Channel apps.
- On the Channel integrations page, click Social Messaging.
- On the Accounts tab, open one of your social messaging channels for editing.
The Edit account screen displays.
Is the WeChat issue resolved now?
Currently, there is no update on this issue we can announce at this time. I would recommend subscribing to updates via our signup doc to stay up to date when more information is released.
Please sign in to leave a comment.