This article provides an overview of messaging channel support for the Zendesk Agent Workspace. This description includes both social messaging channels and Zendesk messaging channels. When you add messaging channels to Admin Center, messages sent from these channels become tickets in the Zendesk Agent Workspace. You can send and receive messages in the Zendesk Agent Workspace as part of the main conversation flow.
This article contains the following sections:
Admin Center supports the following messaging channels:
- WhatsApp: A popular chat and voice messaging app with more than 1.5 billion users in over 180 countries. See Adding WhatsApp channels to the Zendesk Agent Workspace.
- WeChat: A popular, China-based mobile text and voice messaging communication service. See Adding WeChat channels to the Zendesk Agent Workspace.
- LINE: An all-in-one communications app for text, voice, and video calls, moments, photo sharing, and games. See Adding LINE channels to the Zendesk Agent Workspace.
- Facebook Messenger: A popular American messaging app that enables you to send private messages through Facebook. See Adding Facebook Messenger channels to the Zendesk Agent Workspace.
- Twitter Direct Message (DM): A popular American messaging app that enables you to send private messages through Twitter. See Adding Twitter DM channels to the Zendesk Agent Workspace.
- Instagram Direct: Instagram's private messaging service that allows you to communicate directly with other users. See Enabling and using Instagram Direct.
- Zendesk messaging (Web Widget): In addition to the social messaging channels mentioned above, Zendesk's Web Widget channel enables you to embed Zendesk messaging options in your website or help center. See About Zendesk messaging.
Facebook public social messaging channels are also supported in the Zendesk Agent Workspace, but the channels are not configured via Admin Center. For more information, see Social messaging resources.
If you already have social messaging channel integrations set up through Support > Channel integrations, you can migrate your channels from Support to Admin Center. For WhatsApp, WeChat, and LINE channels, follow these instructions to migrate. For Facebook Messenger and Twitter DM channels, follow these instructions to migrate.
How messaging channels change the Zendesk Agent Workspace
When you install and configure messaging channels in Admin Center, your agents can use the Zendesk Agent Workspace to respond to customers reaching out to your business over these channels. For example, agents can easily view messages that customers send to Zendesk as part of a support request and they can reply to these messages from the Zendesk Agent Workspace. For more information, see Receiving and sending messages in the Zendesk Agent Workspace.