This article provides an overview of messaging channel support for the Zendesk Agent Workspace. This description includes both social web messaging channels. When you add messaging channels to Admin Center, messages sent from these channels become tickets in the Zendesk Agent Workspace. You can send and receive messages in the Zendesk Agent Workspace as part of the main conversation flow.
This article contains the following sections:
Admin Center supports the following messaging channels:
- WhatsApp: A popular chat and voice messaging app with more than 1.5 billion users in over 180 countries. See Adding WhatsApp channels to the Zendesk Agent Workspace.
- WeChat: A popular, China-based mobile text and voice messaging communication service. See Adding WeChat channels to the Zendesk Agent Workspace.
- LINE: An all-in-one communications app for text, voice, and video calls, moments, photo sharing, and games. See Adding LINE channels to the Zendesk Agent Workspace.
- Facebook Messenger: A popular American messaging app that enables you to send private messages through Facebook. See Adding Facebook Messenger channels to the Zendesk Agent Workspace.
- Twitter Direct Message (DM): A popular American messaging app that enables you to send private messages through Twitter. See Adding Twitter DM channels to the Zendesk Agent Workspace.
- Instagram Direct: Instagram's private messaging service that allows you to communicate directly with other users. See Enabling and using Instagram Direct.
- Web messaging (Web Widget): In addition to the social messaging channels mentioned above, Zendesk's Web Widget channel enables you to embed web messaging in your website or help center. See About messaging.
Facebook public social messaging channels are also supported in the Zendesk Agent Workspace, but the channels are not configured via Admin Center. For more information, see Social messaging resources.
If you already have social messaging channel integrations set up through Support > Channel integrations, you can migrate your channels from Support to Admin Center. For WhatsApp, WeChat, and LINE channels, follow these instructions to migrate. For Facebook Messenger and Twitter DM channels, follow these instructions to migrate.
How messaging channels change the Zendesk Agent Workspace
When you install and configure messaging channels in Admin Center, your agents can use the Zendesk Agent Workspace to respond to customers reaching out to your business over these channels. For example, agents can easily view messages that customers send to Zendesk as part of a support request and they can reply to these messages from the Zendesk Agent Workspace. For more information, see Receiving and sending messages in the Zendesk Agent Workspace.
Hi, at what point are social messaging tickets considered closed or archived, and a new ticket is started instead of continuing their previous ticket?
The social tickets work as normal tickets, in this case the tickets will closed after X days which X depends on your automation that close the solved ticket (Close ticket 4 days after status is set to solved). Then, a closed ticket pass to archived after 120 days: About ticket archiving
When a requester replies on a closed ticket, it will create a follow-up: Creating a follow-up for a closed ticket
Let us know if you have any other questions!
I'd like to social messaging conversations to return to Open when the requester replies. I've set up the trigger below, but it doesn't seem to work?
I've created a separate ticket on your behalf so that we can further discuss and troubleshoot this issue you posted.
Hey guys, has the problem mentioned above by @... been resolved? Is it possible to route multiple WhatsApp numbers to specific groups? As in, can I route number X to Group 1 and number Y to Group 2?
I would be so grateful if someone could help me with a few questions. I tried to put in a support ticket, but my ticket was closed. I am receiving the following canned response in tickets from Facebook messenger, "How did your chat go?" I can't figure out how this is getting auto-added to the ticket?
Also, I am trying to understand how to avoid Social media Conversations and tickets coming in tandem? The article states, change your settings to ensure this does not happen. Which settings? Thank you for your assistance.
Dave, to be honest, not really! This is very confusing.
My Twitter also randomly send "How did your chat go?". How can I get rid of it?
Me and my colleagues and our sister companies hate the new workspace. Especially when you respond to a new and existing ticket, we cannot see the compose message box when typing . We can no longer use our tablet and phone to answer urgent tickers. Desktop Site option won't help. I am going back and forth with your support. What a journey. Let your Devs use their phones and tablet to test the interface, so you will know what I am saying. Please fix!
Hi Anh Le
That would be the CSAT request trigger for your messaging channels. You can get it deactivated by following the steps here.
Hi Beans Pineda
I went ahead & created a ticket on your behalf so we can look into the issues your team is experiencing with the new agent workspace. I apologize for the inconvenience that your team is experiencing. Hopefully, we can get this resolved in no time! Please keep an eye out for our update via email.
Hi, browsing through all the articles about messaging, I don’t see anywhere that talks about basic sms text messaging as a channel. Am I missing something?
For information on text messages, see this section of the help center:
Setting up and using Text
Please sign in to leave a comment.