|Announced on||Rollout starts on||Rollout ends on|
|September 20, 2021||February 1, 2022||May 31, 2022|
On September 22, 2021, we’ll start enabling Explore Lite on Zendesk accounts that previously didn’t have access to this reporting tool. Explore pre-built dashboards will also be embedded in the Zendesk Support reporting page.
Once Explore is available on your account, we will complete the rollout by removing these three legacy Support reporting tabs after 30 days (all of which will be replaced by the Explore Support dashboard):
Here’s how the reporting page will look at the end of the rollout:
Who will be affected by this update?
Accounts that are on one of the following legacy plans will get access to Explore Lite and have the legacy reporting tabs replaced:
- Support Essential
- Support Team
- Support Starter
- Support Regular
How will this update impact me?
If your account is on one of the legacy plans mentioned above, your reporting will now be powered by the most advanced Zendesk reporting tool. Data that you used to look at will be available in the same place, but within the Explore Lite dashboards.
As a result of this change, you’ll be able to:
- Access more than twice as many Support reports
- Apply data filters, including an unlimited time range filter, to hone your results
- Drill in to your data points to get a better understanding of your data
- Export your reports for sharing or manipulating results
- Use pre-built Guide, Talk, and Chat dashboards that contain important metrics
When will this update take place?
You will get access to Explore Lite and have the legacy reporting tabs replaced sometime between September 22, 2021, and December 31, 2021. We will be onboarding accounts in weekly batches during this period. Each batch is randomly generated, meaning it’s not possible to know in advance exactly when this update will be available in your account.
Once enabled, you can get familiar with the new dashboards and features before the legacy reporting tabs are removed.
What action do I need to take?
Familiarize yourself and your team with the new reports layout and functionality of the Explore dashboards. To get started, see Getting started with pre-built dashboards.
Where can I find the reports from the Overview, Leaderboard, and Satisfaction tabs?
- Reports from the Overview tab are available in the Tickets and Efficiency tabs of the Support dashboard. The benchmark report is not available in Explore yet, but you can find it on the Zendesk customer service benchmark page.
- The Leaderboard tab provided the agent-specific KPIs based on the tickets assigned to them; now you also have access to the ticket update data submitted by agents. For agent-level reporting, use the Assignee activity and Agent updates tabs in the Support dashboard.
- The legacy Satisfaction tab has its equivalent in the Satisfaction tab in the Support dashboard. For more detailed information about the individual satisfaction scores or their comments, drill in to any of the satisfaction reports.
Will the data in Explore be different than in the legacy reporting tabs?
Explore records data differently than the legacy reporting tabs, making its metrics more reliable and resilient. However, this means that some of the data in Explore will be slightly different compared to the legacy reporting tabs. For more information, see Discrepancies between Explore and legacy Overview, Leaderboard and Satisfaction reporting tabs.
What will happen next?
In the future, we will replace other legacy reporting tabs with Explore pre-built dashboards. The next ones to follow will be Knowledge Base, Search, and Community. We will post separate announcements when we are ready for these updates.
Questions or feedback?
If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below or create a new post or comment in our user community.