Inline images in Guide articles display for all users as a broken link or don't display for anonymous users or end users.
This problem occurs where images are attached as inline attachments to another article that is:
- Restricted to a specific group of users
- In draft status
- In archived status
Due to any of these reasons, the image is displayed as a broken link, followed by the name of the image:
These are options to fix the problem. If the article is:
- If the article is restricted to a specific group of users, update the restriction settings.
- If the article is in draft status, publish the article.
- If the article is in archived status, restore the article.
Alternatively, download the attachments and upload them individually to each article or use the Guide assets section. This is the recommended approach.
To identify the location of attachment in the original article
- Inspect the individual element in the console and copy its unique numerical ID:
Run the following API call for article attachments:
Replace the subdomain with your subdomain name and the unique ID value with that of one the original article inline attachment.
You'll get the response below that retrieves the original article source.
"display_file_name": "Screen Shot 2020-02.png",
After you've identified the article's unique ID, add it to any knowledge base article editor and this returns the article, for example:
For more information, see the section: Working with articles in the knowledge base.