Why do I see a Recording not available message in my recordings?
There are different reasons for this message to show up in your call tickets depending on whether you are using Zendesk Talk or the Zendesk Talk Partner Edition.
For customers with Talk:
- The recording is too short. If the duration of the recording is so short that the recording is interpreted as 0 bytes, no recording is available.
- The recording is silent and there is no audio or a person's voice.
- The recording was manually deleted. For more information on this, see the article: Managing call recording options in Talk.
- The Talk subscription associated with the Zendesk account is not active. To resolve the issue, activate a Talk plan in your Zendesk account.
- There is no information captured on the call. If the customer or the agent ends the call prior to leaving a voicemail or speaking in any capacity, no recording is available.
- If you disabled call recordings for a certain number, no recording is available.
- The recording was not able to be added to the ticket because the ticket is closed before the recording was available. When a ticket is closed no further updates can be made to the ticket, so the recording was not able to be added onto the ticket. If this was the case it would be best to review your business rules, as you may be closing the ticket too quickly.
- The recording was not able to be added to the ticket because the agent who answered the call transferred it to a group that they weren't in and then the call went to voicemail of a group they do not have access to. Since the agent didn't have permission to comment on tickets the voice comment failed to add the recording.
For customers with Talk Partner Edition:
- The recording is no longer available where it was originally hosted. Zendesk does not store the actual recording file for Talk Partner Edition calls. Zendesk stores a link to the audio file. The audio file must be in MP3 or WAV format. For more information, see the article: Adding a recording or transcript to an existing ticket.
- You do not have permission to access the recordings in your voice provider platform.
- Your Zendesk account is not active with your voice provider.
I have a client who is seeing this for all voicemail recordings. Live call recording works fine, it's just voicemails. Any advice?
Thanks for reaching out to us today with your issue. I am going to open up a ticket on your behalf so our advocacy team can look into this. You should receive an email shortly followed by a response from one of our specialists.
what is the minimum length of the recording for it to be available? I have an agent who gets calls that don't last more than a minute (30-45 seconds) and she is getting this message.
In my own test account, I was able to get a recording of a call that only lasted 4 seconds, so it sounds like your calls should be long enough. I'd suggest carefully checking the other possible reasons listed above, and if none of those are the cause, contacting our support team directly so they can troubleshoot with you: Contacting Zendesk Customer Support
Is there a reason why I see recording not available for all of our tickets with the exception those received within a year?
Hi Nassos Papathanasiou,
It could be related to how your Zendesk Talk call recording is configured. I suggest that you check Managing call recording options in Talk and Zendesk Talk call recording FAQ
Hi! Is there a way to display this differently in ZenDesk? We have a couple of instances where the customer has opted OUT from the recording, yet we can see what looks like a recording (with spinning wheel) until message updates and "Recording Not Available" message is presented.
If you are using Zendesk Talk, then I'm afraid it is not possible to modify how this is displayed in the ticket UI. But, if you are using your own integration through Zendesk Talk Partner Edition, then you should be able to configure how the note/comment containing the recording is added to the ticket. You can configure the api calls differently (Talk Partner: Adding a recording or transcript to an existing ticket) for adding the recording to call tickets where your customers have opted out of call recording.
Please sign in to leave a comment.