This article describes how to proceed if you receive an email or an in-product warning that your Zendesk payment has been declined. Payment may be declined if your credit card has expired or if your payment method is out-of-date.
This article contains the following topics:
Updating your account payment
If you received an email or an in-product warning saying that your Zendesk payment has been declined, update your credit card details (or provide a different payment method) to prevent account suspension. Refer to Managing payments for more information. Only the account owner can update a payment method for the account.
Once your payment method is updated, the Zendesk payment gateway automatically tries to charge your account again. When payment succeeds, a confirmation email is sent to all billing contacts listed on your account.
Notifications for past-due payments
The following notification schedule applies for past-due payments:
- First email (Renewal Date): If the Zendesk payment system attempts and fails to process a payment, an email is sent to all billing contacts.
- Second email (Renewal Date +2 days): If the Zendesk payment system attempts and fails to process a payment, another email is sent to all billing contacts. The account owner and admins also see the first pop-up warning in the Zendesk account.
- Third email (Renewal Date +4 days): If the Zendesk payment system attempts and fails to process a payment, another email is sent to all billing contacts. The account owner and admins also see a second pop-up warning in the Zendesk account.
- Suspension warning (Renewal Date +21 days): If the Zendesk payment system attempts and fails to process a payment, an email is sent to all billing contacts warning of pending account suspension.
Account suspension (Renewal Date + 22 days): If the Zendesk payment system attempts and fails to process a payment, Zendesk account functions are restricted. The account owner, admins, and agents also see a final pop-up warning in the Zendesk account.
Talk accounts are suspended, all Explore reports and dashboards are deleted, and any Zendesk-provisioned SSL certificates are removed. No tickets or emails will reach your Zendesk account, and you won't be able to respond to existing tickets until Zendesk has a successful payment.
After three days, Talk numbers are permanently deleted from the account. Your payment method can still be updated by your account owner. Follow the prompts in the pop-up message or refer to Managing payments.
Once you restore payment, you need to contact Zendesk Customer Support to reenable Talk, Explore, and SSL.
- Account cancellation (Renewal Date + 29 days): Access to your Zendesk account is disabled. Explore reports and dashboards can no longer be recovered. Submit a request to Zendesk Customer Support for temporary (limited access) account reactivation to allow your account owner to update the payment method.
Notifications for manual invoice customers
Notifications differ slightly for customers who aren't set up for automatic payments. These customers are considered manual invoice customers.
- Email reminders are sent to the primary billing contact when invoices are 15, 30, 45, 60, and 65 days past due.
- When an invoice reaches 30 days past due, the Zendesk Financial Operations sends emails to all billing contacts, the account owner, the sales representative, and the AR team.
- If no payment is received after 65 days, the account is suspended.
Would like to know if "Renewal Date" refers to "Payment due date" in the invoice?
The renewal date is the same as the invoice date because this is when the invoice is being generated, while the payment due date depends on the Payment terms of the customer:
Credit card - DUR (due upon receipt)
Manual invoicing - it could be Net 30 or 60. For this case, you'll add 30 or 60 days from the invoice date.
Thank you for your reply.
So if we are not able to pay on or before July 19, 2021. We will start receiving past-due payment notification email on July 19, 2021?
And our account will be suspended 22 days later (i.e. August 11, 2021)?
Am I right?
We highly suggest that you contact us so we can have our Finance Team review your account details.
We have not recieved our anual billing invoice that should have come in a month ago. Our Account is now due today. I have asked our ZD Sales Agent about this, but I still have yet to receive our normal billing invoice, which our Accounting Dept. wires the payment over. We have never used a CC in the 11 years we have been using your product.
Please get back to me asap today.
We have always recieved our billing invoices by email, and today our payment is due. We never received any 2021 invoices and I have been in contact with my ZD Sales Rep several times about this and I still do not see any 2021 invoice in our system. We have always had our Accounting Dept. wire transfers the payment over every year for the past 11 years.
Please assist asap.
Hi Gary -
We are unable to answer billing questions in the community, as doing so requires account-specific information. You will need to contact Zendesk Customer Support to resolve this issue.
I opted for an annual subscription of 750 euros. This is to facilitate our accounting and have fewer invoices. However, you charge me an additional 1 euro per month! And as it is not planned, our card does not pass and you send us emails of account suspension. But we have paid until the end of 2023.... Incomprehensible!!!
If you're having trouble with your account, contact Zendesk Customer Support.
Please sign in to leave a comment.