How do I add images into the body of a ticket rather than as attachments?
First, choose which kind of formatting option you want your agents to use. To choose between Rich content and Markdown, follow the instructions in this article: Enabling formatting options for agents. If you use Agent workspace, you do not need to choose between a rich content editor and a markdown editor.
To add inline images using rich content
- Drag the image into the comment body. Then drop into the box Drop images inline with text. See the image below for an example of this method.
- Copy and paste the image into the comment body.
Note: Zendesk recommends adding images to the body of tickets in the most recent version of these supported web browsers: Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.
To add inline images using Markdown
- Identify the source URL of the image. You can host images on a third-party website and save the image address (right-click the attachment and select Save Link Address).
- Within the ticket, enter the Markdown text
![your alt-text if image link breaks](image URL)in the location where you want to display the image.
- The drag and drop method is not supported for these sources: PDF, Command Prompt, Sublime, Apple Pages, OneNote, Evernote, and Pinterest.
- The copy and paste method is supported from these sources: Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs, and Google Sheets.
- Attachments cannot be added to tickets using the bulk ticket editor. Inline images can only be added in bulk through copying and pasting the HTML fragment containing images with an actual remote-hosted image URL.
- For ticket channels that only support plain text, such as live chat and SMS, the editor can only contain text. Images can be included using the plain text editor as external attachments.
Hi Søren, just look here:
There is a typo, "Googce Sheets" should be "Google Sheets".
Thanks for the heads up! I've corrected the typo in the above article.
I am facing a problem with images in macros. When I sent a test mail to my gmail account the image has the same proportions I gave it in the admin center when creating the macro.
But when I send a test mail to the apple mail client, it is way bigger.
Any ideas why it does this? Or how I solve this?
Please sign in to leave a comment.