For each of your Talk lines, you can choose to route incoming calls to only the agent groups you choose.
If your plan includes it, you can route calls using IVR instead of group routing. For details, see Routing incoming calls with IVR.
If you’re using the Agent Workspace, you can route calls using omnichannel routing. With omnichannel routing, calls can only be routed to a single group.
To route calls to specific groups
- In Admin Center, click Channels in the sidebar, then select Talk and email > Talk.
- Click the Lines tab.
- Click the number you want to edit.
- Click the Routing tab.
- In the Group Routing section, select one or more groups to route calls to. If you
don't enable a group, calls are routed to all available agents.
- If you chose more than one group, also choose a default group from the drop-down menu next
to Default group. Calls are routed to the default group first if agents in that group
are available. If no agents from any of the selected groups are available, resulting
voicemails are also assigned to the default group.Note: When three or more groups are selected, there is no hierarchy to the non-default groups; all Talk-enabled agents in those groups are put into a single assignment pool. Call routing is determined by an agent's online status.
- When you are finished, click Save changes.