In Zendesk Message, you can set up auto responders to automatically reply to visitors when your agents are busy, or your operating hours are offline.
There are two kinds of auto responders:
- Idle Responders send responses to your visitors that have been waiting a specified amount of time.
- Offline Responders sends responses to visitors outside of your operating hours (see Setting up operating hours).
Only admins should set up auto responders.
To set up auto responders
- Select the Admin icon, then the channel you would like to set up auto responders for.
- Select a profile.
- Click the Responders tab
- Toggle on the Idle responder setting to enable.
- Edit the following idle responder options:
- The number of seconds after waiting for a response that the message should fire in Idle wait time in seconds. The default value is 300 seconds.
- The content of the idle message you want to send.
- In the Idle Responder Interval field, enter the number of minutes that should pass before an auto response fires a second time. This setting helps avoid bombarding visitors with automatic messages. The default value is 10 minutes.
- If you have set your operating hours, you can use the Offline responder to respond to visitors outside of your operating hours. Set the following offline responder options underneath Offline hours:
- The content of the offline message you want to send.
- The number of seconds between messages.
- Click Save.