End users (also known as customers) are the people who request support. They interact with Zendesk and submit tickets. Regardless of the channel your end users use to request support, each must have an account. An end user's account contains both required and optional information.
- End users can add themselves by submitting a support request.
- Agents can add them by creating a ticket on their behalf or by including the user’s email address in a side conversation.
- Agents can add them manually in Support.
- Admins can add several users at once by bulk importing users or importing users with the Zendesk API.
This article covers how to add individual end users by creating new user accounts in Zendesk Support.
Adding end users
You can add individual end users by manually creating new user accounts in Zendesk Support. Both agents and administrators can perform this action. You might use this if, for example, you're on the telephone with a customer who has never before requested support and doesn't have an account. By creating a user account, you can then follow up with an email.
There are additional user registration settings you can set after you add an end user, such as access to your Help Center, email verification, and support request settings. See Managing end user settings for more information.
- In Support, click the Customers icon () in the sidebar.
- Click Add customer. Alternatively, hover over the
+Add tab in the top toolbar and select
If you have the Customer Lists add-on, navigate to Customer Lists, click “All customers” and then click Add customer.
- Enter the user's Name and Email.
- Click Add.
- When the user's profile opens, enter additional
information for the user.
See Viewing a user’s profile in Zendesk Support for information about default user fields.