By Bryan Castro, GoodData
The running totals function enables you to display cumulative sums and averages, as well as minimum and maximum values for every row/column in your report.
This recipe uses an example report of the # Tickets metric sliced by the Month/Year (Created) and Quarter/Year (Created) attributes. The image below displays how the report appears before adding the Running Totals function.
- Right click on the metric header cell (in this example # Tickets )
- Select the Running function underneath the Totals section in the contextual menu.
- Select Running Sum. You can also set the running averages, minimum values, and maximum values.
- The Running Sum column will appear next to the # Tickets column.
- To disable "Running Sum", right click on the metric header cell and select Remove from # Tickets .