This article provides a roundup of the new features released in Zendesk over the last few months. To learn more about these features, register for the What's New webinar.
This article contains information about the following products:
- Zendesk Sunshine
- Zendesk Support
- Zendesk Guide
- Zendesk Chat
- Zendesk Talk
- Zendesk Explore
- Zendesk Connect
- Zendesk Sell
The Admin Center provides a central location for managing global, cross-product settings such as account ownership, subscriptions, security settings, and custom objects.
Sunshine Select expands on Sunshine Enterprise, giving you 100 million object records and 100 million relationship records. Sunshine Select comes with Support Elite, and can be added on to Support Enterprise.
- Contextual workspaces enable you to create unique ticket interfaces customized for the task at hand. Workspaces are set up based on ticket conditions and can show or hide relevant forms, macros, and apps.
- CC’s and Followers enable you to include agents, administrators, and external users on ticket notifications. This feature behaves like a conventional email cc’ing functionality. The new followers functionality allows internal users to monitor a ticket without notifying end users.
- Slack for Side Conversations As an alternative to email-based side conversations, agents can use side conversations in a ticket to initiate and participate in Slack threads. Put all interactions and conversations within Support in one place, reducing the need to juggle multiple collaboration tools.
- Conditional ticket fields control the appearance and behavior of ticket fields in ticket forms. For example, you can limit the number of ticket fields that appear in ticket forms, and control the sequence in which ticket fields are presented to end users. Previously, to use conditional ticket fields, you had to download the Conditional Fields App, integrate it into Support, and switch between three different steps. Now conditional ticket fields is built natively into Support.
- Flexible Hierarchies enable you to add subsections (sections in sections) to your Help Center knowledge base to create more levels in your hierarchy, up to six levels deep making it easier for customers to find what they’re looking for.
- Article verification helps you keep your knowledge base healthy and up-to-date by scheduling a regular review of your articles.
- Search enhancements - We've rolled out some updates to improve search in Guide. These include fuzzy search which can better accommodate spelling mistakes and synonym matching, phrase boosting, and optimized language support.
- Content Cues uses machine learning technology and Guide article usage data to help you discover opportunities and tasks that will improve your knowledge base health.
- Answer Bot for Web Widget helps users can easily solve their requests or escalate issues to an agent within an easy to use conversational interface. With 24/7 support and faster resolution without needing an agent, support teams see a reduction of repetitive one-touch requests from live channels, and can spend more time on questions that truly need their attention.
- Answer Bot for Slack enables internal teams to get AI-powered recommendations from Answer Bot directly in Slack channels. By surfacing Help Center content, Answer Bot for Slack provides prompt and relevant knowledge to teams and improves their productivity. Users can resolve their issues directly from Slack: by closing out a question, getting more suggestions, getting help from other channel members or creating a support ticket in Zendesk.
- The Web Widget integrated Chat experience helps you easily navigate between Zendesk Chat and Help Center in the Web Widget. Additionally, you can receive incoming or proactive Chat messages while searching and viewing Help Center articles.
- Create more interactive conversations between chatbots and customers with structured messages like buttons, quick replies and carousels.
- Chat History (mobile) - You can now view and manage past chats on your mobile device.
- Talk agent states enable agents to report their status, for example whether they are online or offline. We've now introduced a new state called Away, which indicates that the agent is currently not available to take calls; for example, they could be on a break. Talk will not route calls to that agent but will place them in the queue for an agent who is available to answer.
- Call blocking gives you the capability to block either a single number, or use conditions to block multiple numbers simultaneously to prevent calls from unwanted callers and save agent time.
- Conference calling enables agents to bring a third-party into an ongoing phone call with a customer. Previously, agents could only transfer a call, but now they can consult with a third-party and choose to either transfer or add them to the call.
- Maximum queue wait time configures the time a call can wait in the queue before it's pushed to voicemail or an overflow number. The default time is 20 minutes, but you can increase it to up to 60.
- Call offering time limit configures the duration of a call being offered to an agent. If the agent doesn't answer within a specified timeframe, the call returns to the queue.
- The Incremental Exports API gives you the ability to export a complete list of information on inbound and outbound calls from your Zendesk Talk instance, then periodically fetch items that have been created or updated since the previous fetch.
- The Zendesk Support dashboard has been improved to make it easier to analyze the metrics that matter including a new color scheme, additional attributes, and filters for data. The new and updated dashboard tabs help you to better understand customer satisfaction, agent activity, unsolved tickets, and ticket backlog.
- The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) is a set of rules and regulations designed to protect the privacy and security of individuals’ personal health information (PHI). Explore can be configured to be compliant with HIPAA standards. See HIPAA considerations when using Zendesk Explore.
- Sharing and scheduling improvements - We've simplified the dashboard sharing and scheduling experience to make it easier to share dashboards with groups and individuals on your team.
- Create a new query from a dashboard - You can now create new queries directly from the dashboard builder. This makes it easier to add queries without switching context.
- Dashboard navigation and preview Improvements - Clicking a shared dashboard now opens the dashboard in view mode instead of edit mode. Now, when you click Preview in the dashboard builder, you'll see the most recent unpublished changes instead of the published version.
- Custom ticket fields - Now, your support team can use custom ticket fields instead of tags to label data. This way, you can correctly identify data you’ve collected in Explore. Additionally, custom field values are now labeled with the name of the field instead of the associated tags helping you to better understand your reports.
- Connect messages are now shown in the customer context timeline of Zendesk Support. Having all interactions in the customer context timeline gives agents the information they need to quickly handle incoming queries, and understand which proactive messages a customer has received.
- You can now create a new campaign directly from user search. This helps you to Increase your campaign building efficiency in Connect. Now, you can create campaigns using segments created in user search, rather than having to create the segment again in the campaign builder.
- Connect campaigns can now be triggered off of changes in a user’s profile data. You can now run campaigns when users change status, location, or other attributes.
- The new updated campaign dashboard with search features many improvements to the Connect dashboard to enable search, filtering, and tags making it easier to administer campaigns.
- Improvements to the Sell App for Zendesk Support enable you to show custom fields from Sell in Support. Now you can map which data points should be visible in Support and adjust the order to meet your needs.
- Customizable sales performance dashboards are fully customizable and give users freedom and flexibility when it comes to analyzing metrics they care about. You can easily build a comprehensible summary that captures everything going on in your pipeline, items that need your attention, and noteworthy trends unique to your business.