- Time zones: Explore uses the user profile time zone, but Insights uses the account's default time zone. For more information, see Which time zone does Explore use?
- Synchronization times: In Insights, data syncs every 24 hours for Support Professional plans, and one hour after the last sync ended for Enterprise plans. In Explore, data syncs according to your Explore plan. For more information, see How frequently does my Zendesk data sync to Explore?
- Date ranges used: Equivalent Explore and Insights reports and metrics might be filtered by slightly different time ranges. For example, the default Ticket created - Last 7 days Explore metric looks at the last seven days starting from yesterday. This ensures that it always returns data for seven full days. In Insights, a similar metric looks at the seven days starting from today.
- Backlog dataset date: In Insights, the backlog data is collected once a day at the last data sync of the day and is shown as the backlog for the next day. In Explore, the backlog data synchs according to your Explore plan (see When is my Support ticket backlog data available in Explore?). When comparing backlog data by date, you will see that dates in Insights are shifted forward by one day compared to Explore.
- Field value changes reporting: Each ticket update consists of
multiple field changes that are submitted by agents or automated by the system.
Explore records only one field change per update per field but Insights records
all changes of the field, which is normally not necessary.
For example, a ticket status was changed from pending to solved by the agent, and during the same update, a trigger changed the status to open. In Insights this ticket is considered as reopened because one of the status changes was solved to open. However, in Explore this ticket doesn't count towards the Tickets reopened metric because the solved status was an intermediary change that was corrected by the trigger.
- Ticket updates metric: In Explore, the Updates metric located in the Updates history dataset is returning all updates submitted in a ticket. However, in Insights the Ticket updates metric returns only those updates during which at least one ticket field value was changed.
- Stale data: If you've used Insights for a while, it might contain stale data, such as old groups, users, and SLA policies.
For more information about upgrading from Insights to Explore, see Moving to Explore from Insights.