- Team and Growth don't support custom unified statuses.
- Professional supports up to five custom unified statuses.
- Enterprise supports up to 100 custom unified statuses.
Unified agent status is part of omnichannel routing and provides a way for agents to control availability for Support, Talk, and Messaging from a single menu. There are four default agent statuses: online, away, transfers only, and offline, as well as a customizable fallback status that's used when agents are idle. On Professional and Enterprise plans, admins can also define custom unified statuses to suit their workflows.
All unified statuses, including custom statuses, are automatically available to accounts that meet the requirements.
To add a custom agent status
- In Admin Center, click Objects and rules in the sidebar, then select Omnichannel routing > Agent statuses.
- On the Agent statuses page, click Create agent status.
- On the Create agent status page, configure the following:
- Name: Give the new status a short, unique name. The name can't exceed 100 characters. Dynamic content is supported if you want the status to be displayed in the agent's local language.
- Description: Optionally, give the new status a description that helps you identify it.
- Channel routing > Email: Define the agent's availability for incoming emails when this custom status is active.
- Channel routing > Talk: Define the agent’s availability for incoming Talk calls when this custom status is active.
- Channel routing > Messaging: Define the agent's availability for incoming Messaging conversations when this custom status is active.
The Status section shows a preview of how your agent’s icons will look depending on the selected status.
- When you are finished, click Create agent status.