- You must have the Agent Workspace enabled to use the Agent Statuses EAP.
- When using Agent Statuses, chat operating hours won't automatically set your messaging status.
About agent statuses
- Online - Tickets from Talk, Messaging, and Support can be routed to the agent.
- Away - Only Support tickets can be routed to the agent.
- Transfer only - Only tickets that have already been reviewed and need to be transferred to the agent can be routed to them.
- Offline - No tickets can be routed to the agent.
Admins can create additional custom statuses for agents to use. When an admin creates custom statuses, they define one of the default statuses for each channel that will be applied when an agent uses the custom status. For example, if an admin creates a new status called In meeting, they probably don't want the most time-sensitive channels of work routed to agents with this status. In that case, they could set Email (Support) to online, and Messaging and Talk to away. That would result in agents with the In meeting status only receiving tickets generated from Support email.
Your admins should provide
Setting your status
- In the ticket interface, click your profile icon in the top bar and select the status you want from the profile menu.