|Announced on||Rollout starts||Rollout status|
|January 3, 2022||February, 2022||Resumed. Complete by March 3, 2022.|
In the first phase of this program we moved Support settings to Admin Center. As part of this program, we revamped Admin Center with a sleek, sophisticated look and feel. We added features to streamline navigation, improve operability, and save you time and effort:
- Search feature lets you locate any line item in the left hand navigation and traverse there effortlessly. see Searching for settings in Admin Center.
- Recents feature maintains a list of the last five visited pages to make access quicker and easier.
- Expandable and collapsible navigation reduces the amount of scrolling required.
Now that we have established the new home for Support settings, for this final phase of the project, Zendesk will discontinue the duplication between Support and Admin Center and provide the settings exclusively in Admin Center.
Once the change takes effect starting in February:
- The Admin icon () in the Support sidebar will display the Admin Overview page. Currently, when you click the Admin icon () it displays the last setting page you had accessed in Support.
- The secondary navigation which lists the settings pages in Support will go away since the settings pages are located in Admin Center.
- You can access Admin Center by clicking Go to Admin Center in the banner at the top of the Support Admin Overview page or select Admin Center from the Product tray.
What do I need to do?
You don’t need to do anything. Your account will be updated automatically to remove the duplication and take away the redundant Support > Admin pages.
All the Support URLs you are currently using to access Support > Admin pages will automatically redirect to Admin Center. This means any bookmarks and any URLs typed in the address bar to settings pages in Support will open the corresponding pages in Admin Center.
Why is Zendesk doing this?
Removing the duplication makes Admin Center the “go-to” location for admins to manage Support. For details, read About Support settings in Admin Center.