Note: Sell customers who also have a Suite Professional plan or higher may also create this report.
In this Explore recipe, you’ll learn how to compare the value of last year’s sales against this year’s for each month. This information helps you see the health of your sales business over time.
Tip: For a report that focuses on just this year’s sales, see Explore recipe: Sales closed this year by month.
This article contains the following topics:
What you’ll need
Skill level: Beginner
Time required: 10 minutes
- Zendesk Explore Professional or Enterprise
- Editor or Admin permissions (see Giving agents access to Explore)
- Sales data in Zendesk Sell
Creating the report
- In Explore, click the reports () icon.
- In the Reports library, click New report.
- On the Select a dataset page, click Sell > Sell - Sales, then click Start report. The report builder opens.
- In the Metrics panel, click Add.
- From the list, select Won deal value, and then click Apply.
- In the Columns panel, click Add.
- From the list, select Time - Deal closed - Month and Time - Deal closed - Year, and then click Apply.
- To filter the report to just last year and this year, click the Time - Deal closed - Year attribute on the left, select the two years you want to report on, and click Apply.
- To change the report to a column chart, click Visualization type () and select Column.
- To adjust the column labels so that you can see the month labels for both years, click Chart configuration () and select X axis, then change Label rotation to 45.
- To show the total for each column, click Chart configuration () and select Displayed values.
- Next to Show value, select Show.
Tip: You can format the Won deal value metric to include currency symbols and decimal places. Go to Chart configuration () and select Display format. Next to SUM(Won deal value), select $, €, Finance, or Custom, depending on how you want to format the values above each column.
Please sign in to leave a comment.