Note: Sell customers who also have a Suite Professional plan or higher may also create this report.
In this Explore recipe, you’ll learn how to calculate the average number of days it takes for a deal to close, starting from when the deal was added in Zendesk Sell. This information helps you better understand your average sales cycle length.
This article contains the following topics:
What you’ll need
Skill level: Intermediate
Time required: 15 minutes
- Zendesk Explore Professional or Enterprise
- Editor or Admin permissions (see Giving agents access to Explore)
- Sales data in Zendesk Sell
Creating the report
- In Explore, click the reports () icon.
- In the Reports library, click New report.
- On the Select a dataset page, click Sell > Sell - Sales, then click Start report. The report builder opens.
- To create a calculated metric for how many days it took a deal to close, go to the Calculations () menu and select Standard calculated metric.
- Name the metric Days taken to close.
- In the Formula field, enter the following:
DATE_DIFF([Time - Deal closed - Date],[Time - Deal added on - Date],"nb_of_days")Tip: If you're working in a language other than English, read this article to help you enter Explore formulas in your language.
- In the Metrics panel, click Add.
- From the list, select Days taken to close (the metric you just created), change the aggregator to AVG, and then click Apply.
- In the Columns panel, click Add.
- From the list, select Time - Deal Closed - Month, and then click Apply.
- To filter the report to just this year, click the Time - Deal closed - Month attribute on the left, click Edit date ranges, select This year, and click Apply.
- To change the report to a column chart, click Visualization type () and select Column.
- To show the total for each column, click Chart configuration () and select Displayed values.
- Next to Show value, select Show.
I have two questions about this forum:
Please guide me. I am very confused about that.
Do you have a specific question?
Hi Fazeel. Don't be confused. You can get help from these Zendesk articles and let us know if you are satisfied.
Please sign in to leave a comment.