In this Explore recipe, you’ll learn how to report on which deals you lost and why. This information gives you additional context for refining your future sales strategies.
For another way to report on lost deals, see Explore recipe: Lost deals by owner.
This article contains the following topics:
What you’ll need
Skill level: Beginner
Time required: 10 minutes
- Zendesk Explore Professional or Enterprise
- Editor or Admin permissions (see Giving agents access to Explore)
- Sales data in Zendesk Sell
Creating the report
- In Explore, click the reports () icon.
- In the Reports library, click New report.
- On the Select a dataset page, click Sell > Sell - Sales, then click Start report. The report builder opens.
- In the Metrics panel, click Add.
- From the list, select Deals, and then click Apply.
- In the Columns panel, click Add.
- From the list, select Deal loss reason.
- To filter the results to lost deals only, click Add next to Filters (to the right of the Metrics panel), select Deal stage, set it to Lost, and click Apply.
- To filter out lost deals that don’t have a recorded loss reason, click the Deal loss reason attribute on the left, go to the Excluded tab, and select NULL.
- To show the total number of lost deals, go to Chart configuration () > Chart and select Display total.
Optionally, you can use the drill in interaction to allow report viewers to dig into more details about which specific deals were lost.
To enable drill in
- Go to Chart configuration () and select Drill in > Enable drill in.
- In the Select attributes field, select the information that you want report viewers to be able to see when they click a segment in the pie chart. For example, you might choose Deal name, Deal owner, and Time - Deal estimated close date - Date.