In this Explore recipe, you’ll learn how to report on lost deals by owner. This information gives you additional context for which sales reps may need additional training or support.
For another way to report on lost deals, see Explore recipe: Lost deals by reason.
This article contains the following topics:
What you’ll need
Skill level: Beginner
Time required: 10 minutes
- Zendesk Explore Professional or Enterprise
- Editor or Admin permissions (see Giving agents access to Explore)
- Sales data in Zendesk Sell
Creating the report
- In Explore, click the reports () icon.
- In the Reports library, click New report.
- On the Select a dataset page, click Sell > Sell - Sales, then click Start report. The report builder opens.
- In the Metrics panel, click Add.
- From the list, select Deals, and then click Apply.
- In the Rows panel, click Add.
- From the list, select Contact owner, and then click Apply.
- To filter the report to just lost deals, click Add next to Filters (to the right of the Metrics panel), select Deal stage, and set it to Lost. For help with filtering, see Working with report filters.
Optionally, you can use the drill in interaction to allow report viewers to dig into more details about which specific deals were lost.
To enable drill in
- Go to Chart configuration () and select Drill in > Enable drill in.
- In the Select attributes field, select the information that you want report viewers to be able to see when they right-click a value in the Deals column. For example, you might choose Deal name and Time - Deal estimated close date - Date.