In this Explore recipe, you’ll learn how to create a report showing you the value of all of your upcoming deals in your sales pipeline, separated by their source.
This article contains the following topics:
What you’ll need
Skill level: Intermediate
Time required: 10 minutes
- Zendesk Explore Professional or Enterprise
- Editor or Admin permissions (see Giving agents access to Explore)
- Sales data in Zendesk Sell
Creating the report
- In Explore, click the reports () icon.
- In the Reports library, click New report.
- On the Select a dataset page, click Sell > Sell - Sales, then click Start report. The report builder opens.
- In the Metrics panel, click Add.
- From the list, select Deal value, and then click Apply.
- In the Columns panel, click Add.
- From the list, select Deal source ID, and then click Apply.
- To change the report to a pie chart, click Visualization type () and select Pie.
- To filter the report to just this year, click Add next to Filters (to the right of the Metrics panel), select Time - Deal created - Date and set it to the current year. For help with filtering, see Working with report filters.
- To filter out deals with no recorded source, click the Deal source ID attribute on the left, click the Excluded tab, select NULL, and click Apply.
Optionally, you can use the drill in interaction to allow report viewers to dig into more details about the specific deals for each source.
To enable drill in
- Go to Chart configuration () and select Drill in > Enable drill in.
- In the Select attributes field, select the information that you want report viewers to be able to see when they click a segment in the chart. For example, you might choose Deal source ID, Deal name, Deal owner, and Time - Deal estimated close date - Date.