New integration available
Removal of existing integration
February 22, 2022
February 22, 2022
August 1st, 2022
(Previously planned for September 1, 2022)
We’re excited to announce the release of the new Zendesk integration for Microsoft Teams! This integration brings your communication and support solutions together to enable employees to work wherever they’re most productive.
The new Zendesk-Microsoft Teams integration will allow you to:
- Escalate and resolve issues faster by updating and responding to tickets within Teams
- Make it faster for your employees to get help, by creating and managing tickets directly from Teams
- Improve ticket visibility by using the ticket tab in Teams to see and receive notifications on any ticket activity
- Deflect incoming tickets by using Answer Bot, only escalating to an agent for complex issues
This announcement answers the following questions:
- What’s changing, and why?
- What do I need to do?
- What’s happening to the existing integration?
What’s changing, and why?
We launched Zendesk’s existing Teams integration in 2016 and have received lots of feedback from customers about features and capabilities they’d like to see in the product.
Over the past year, we’ve been working with our development partner, Softserve, to build a new product that caters for the top requested use cases and most demanded features. The first release of the integration includes the following features:
- Create, view and update Zendesk tickets directly from within Microsoft Teams
- Add internal notes or public replies to tickets from within Microsoft Teams
- Get real-time notifications on tickets based on status, priority, type, or updates within any Teams channel or DM
- Deploy Answer Bot in Microsoft Teams to answer commonly asked questions
- See all open and closed personal tickets in a single listview within Microsoft Teams
- Import Zendesk ticket views as tabs into a single Microsoft Teams workspace
After the first release, we’ll be continuing development, with plans to release features like:
- Side Conversations with Microsoft Teams
- Use Custom ticket forms when creating and updating tickets in Microsoft Teams
- Send notifications for SLAs to Teams channels or DM
Go to our ProductBoard for more details of our roadmap and to add or upvote features that you’d like to see in the integration. We’re also collecting and incorporating feedback on the product, which can be submitted here.
We’re planning to run a series of interviews with customers who have installed and used the integration to help us iterate and improve the product. If you would be interested in participating in some customer research, please fill out the following form.
What do I need to do?
To install the new integration go to the app listing in Microsoft Appsource and download the app on your Teams tenant.
What’s happening to the existing integration?
We’ll be deprecating the existing Teams integration ahead of schedule on August 1, 2022 (previously communicated as September 1, 2022.)
If you’re using the existing Teams integration, you’ll need to move to the new integration by August 1st, 2022. After August 1st, the legacy integration will no longer function.