Zendesk is continuing to improve your customer support experience as a direct result of your feedback. We have new items to share.
Tooltip now displayed in our widget
The full subject line will be displayed in our customer support widget as a tooltip when you hover your cursor over the conversation in the conversation list.
Contextual subject lines for widget conversations
Instead of a generic description for each session, you’ll see contextual subject lines in your conversations with the widget to save you time when viewing active or past conversations.
Attention-grabbing notifications for your unread widget messages
We’re making it easier for you to notice new unread messages in the widget when a response is available which speeds you along to a resolution.
- If you’re logged in to your instance(s) when you receive a message from us, the widget will appear with a notification badge indicating the number of unread messages ready for your attention. If you have unread messages from older conversations when the notification badge first appears, those unread messages will appear as unread.
- If you’re not logged in when you receive a new message, the widget will pop open once you do log in to display your unread messages. The widget will continue to pop open upon login when you have unread messages. Once your messages are read, the widget will no longer open up after login but the notification badge will update to reflect new unread messages.
Earlier this year, we made the following improvements:
- When you have an unread message from us, you now receive an email notification letting you know, to keep the flow of conversation moving when you have a new reply. You can do this too using continuous conversations.
- Improved Z Bot with additional self-service flows for common issues so you don’t have to wait for an agent. For example, you can now ask Z Bot for guidance on how to manage your sandbox or add a Talk number.
- Improved widget accessibility through updates to the widget.
- Display the subjects of your conversations in the widget so you can easily see which conversation is which.
- Re-visualized the back-to-back questions Z Bot needs to ask you for routing your conversation, so you can see them all at once.
- Introduced estimated wait times after you submit an issue or question to our customer support team. Premier customers will see wait times that align with their Service Level Agreements.
- Improved customer satisfaction survey notifications so that we continue to capture your feedback following a resolved issue.
We’re not stopping here – here’s how to stay informed as we continue to make improvements. With each update, we’ll share what we’ve heard from you and what we’re doing in response to your feedback.
- Get updates about changes. Click the Follow button in the upper-right to get notifications when we update this article with new information.
Share your feedback. Complete this form to share your thoughts with us. We promise to keep listening and we’ll continue to deliver improvements as a result.