Check out what's new in the last quarter:
- Make it easy for your customers
- Set your teams up for success
- Keep your business in sync
- Sell smarter, not harder
- Coming soon
Make it easy for your customers
- Pages viewed (or visitor path) for messaging displays the web pages, app screens, or help center articles a customer views in the Agent Workspace context panel, bringing messaging one big step closer to feature parity with live chat. See Viewing customer context in a ticket.
- Allowlist restrictions for Web Widget let admins specify the website domains where their widget can be shown to end users. When the allowlist is enabled on the Web Widget installation page, domains not included in the list cannot display the widget. See Creating an allowlist for the Web Widget.
- Add live data widgets for messaging to your Explore dashboards. See Live data widgets for Explore dashboards.
Set your teams up for success
- You can resize the ticket properties panel to give you a better view of ticket fields. This feature is particularly useful if you’re working on tickets with a lot of fields. Now, you can resize both the ticket properties panel and the context panel in the Zendesk Agent workspace. See Resizing the ticket properties panel.
- The ticket footer has been extended to continue under the ticket properties panel. This change repositions the Macros drop-down slightly to the left. This change was made to support resizing the ticket properties panel.
- The composer has been enhanced to support:
- Macro insertion: For macros that include updates to ticket comments, you can insert macros exactly where your text cursor is positioned in a ticket comment. Previously, the macro was always applied at the end of the comment. See Applying macros to tickets.
- Simplified hyperlinks: Pasting a URL on highlighted text will automatically convert the highlighted text into a hyperlink. This change enables you to quickly create hyperlinks and makes your composing experience better. See Using formatting options and controls.
- For tickets with a large number of comments, only the 100 most-recent comments appear when you first open the ticket. This helps overall performance and enables the ticket to open quickly. To see additional comments, click Show more. See Loading additional comments.
- Ticket redaction for native messaging and social messaging tickets in the Zendesk Agent Workspace has been suspended. Zendesk is working to relaunch support for this feature in a future update. See Redacting ticket content in the Zendesk Agent Workspace.
- Two new keyboard shortcuts are now available in Knowledge. See Viewing and deactivating keyboard shortcuts. You can now use:
- ctrl + alt + k to open and close the Knowledge section of the context panel
- ctrl + alt + l to open the search bar in Knowledge
- When you cancel a Zendesk product or account, you have until your current billing cycle ends to continue using the product or account. Previously, product and account cancellations were effective immediately. See Cancelling products and accounts.
- Zendesk alerts you when you’re adding team members and you use the last seat in your sales-assisted account. This gives you time to buy more agent seats before you run out.
The account owner and billing admins can purchase the seats directly. Admins without billing permission can request a subscription change to add more seats. See Adding agent seats when the last seat is used.
- You can subscribe to SMS status notifications for your account. If you choose to receive notifications, you can now opt for specific types of notifications via SMS, email, or both methods. See Subscribing to status notifications for your account.
- You can now set more granular permissions for default Explore datasets. Specifying which datasets users can view and change helps you better secure your company information. See Setting dataset permissions.
- Trigger categories are enabled for all accounts now. In addition to turning on trigger categories for everyone, there are new bulk management actions, such as changing categories, deleting, and deactivating triggers. See Creating categories to organize triggers.
New composer enhancements for the Zendesk Agent Workspace include:
A setting to activate or deactivate color text in ticket comments. Admins can now turn color text support on or off. See Turning on or turning off color text.
An email truncation warning for ticket comments. You will receive a warning message if you are composing a very large email reply that is too long and exceeds the allowed size limit (64KB).
- The content block editor is now a full-page experience that includes a new toolbar with additional editing options. You can use the toolbar to underline text, detect the programming language used, or edit code using the new source code editor. See Creating and inserting reusable information with content blocks.
- Malware scanning scans all ticket attachments and blocks any that are potentially malicious. See Managing malicious attachments.
- Triggers automatically route incoming requests based on which agents have the right skills for the job. See Routing options for incoming tickets.
Keep your business in sync
- You can now decide which day should be considered the start of the week when it comes to the reports you build and the filters you use. The ability to set a custom start of week gives you more flexibility in weekly reporting. See Setting the start of week for reports and filters.
- Sunshine Conversations now supports Apple Messages for Business, formerly Apple Business Chat. See the Apple Messages for Business channel in the Sunshine Conversations docs.
- Create custom connections between Zendesk and other systems to automate workflows based on events by See About Conversational Data Orchestration.
Sell smarter, not harder
- A new prebuilt Calls dashboard and dataset help you monitor your Zendesk Sell call activity. The dashboard shows information about your sales calls, such as incoming and outgoing calls, call duration, and more. The dataset enables you to build your own custom reports on sales calls. See Analyzing your Zendesk Sell call activity and Metrics and attributes for Zendesk Sell.
- A new prebuilt Products dashboard and dataset for Sell help you monitor your Sell product sales. The dashboard shows information about your product sales, such as how many products were sold over time or which products sold the most. The dataset enables you to build your own custom reports on product sales. See Analyzing your Zendesk Sell product sales and Metrics and attributes for Zendesk Sell.
- A new Sell Products dashboard and dataset are available in Explore to help you monitor your Sell product sales. See Analyzing your Zendesk Sell product sales and Metrics and attributes for Zendesk Sell.
- New Zendesk Sell plans have been introduced. These plans make it easier to purchase an integrated Sell solution. You can view the features available by plan type on the Sell plan comparison page. See Buying Zendesk Sell.
- Admins can automate parts of every sales rep's workflow with Sell sales triggers. For example, every time a trigger event (such as a deal being updated) occurs in Sell, and meets its predefined conditions (such as, “Deal value is greater than 1000”), then Sell will automatically attempt to carry out the actions defined for that trigger (such as “Update Deal Owner to Valerie Golden”). See Creating Sell sales triggers and Popular recipes for Sell sales triggers.
- Custom objects in Sell enable you to define new object types in Sell that are specific to your business and then associate them with your leads, contacts, and deals. See Configuring custom objects in Sell.
- Sales engagement tools enable you to find new leads and add information to existing contacts and prospects. This means you can make your workflow far more efficient and effective, by building targeted leads lists and choosing how you engage with prospects via automated email sequences. See Sales Engagement Tools resources guide.
- Integrate DotDigital with Sell to enable your sales teams to create targeted marketing and customer engagement opportunities with their Zendesk Sell account data. See the Zendesk Marketplace.
- New Flow Builder features make it easier to build better bots, faster. An improved bot building experience enables you to build separate flows instead of one long, complex flow. And a powerful step type enables you to connect your bot to external systems by making an API call. See New and upcoming Flow Builder features.
- Agent warnings when potential email phishing attacks are detected in a ticket conversation.
- Private ticket groups provide more granular control over the visibility and access to tickets based on group assignment by completely hiding private tickets from agents who don't have permission to view them. When creating a group, you'll designate it as either public (the default) with the group's tickets visible to non-members or private with the group's tickets invisible to non-members. This is enhanced security feature for Enterprise plans.
- Custom agent statuses provide a way for agents to set a single status for Support, Talk, and Messaging. This feature is in early access. See Configuring agent statuses (EAP).
- New live agent status metrics for all channels provide a new way to use Explore live dashboards to see the current availability and work items for agents across all channels in Zendesk. This feature is for Enterprise plans.