Click Follow in the What's New section to be notified each month when the What's New is published.
Check out what's new in the last month:
Also don't miss:
- You can resize the ticket properties panel to give you a better view of ticket fields. This feature is particularly useful if you’re working on tickets with a lot of fields. Now, you can resize both the ticket properties panel and the context panel in the Zendesk Agent workspace. See Resizing the ticket properties panel.
- The ticket footer has been extended to continue under the ticket properties panel. This change repositions the Macros drop-down slightly to the left. This change was made to support resizing the ticket properties panel.
- The composer has been enhanced to support:
- Macro insertion: For macros that include updates to ticket comments, you can insert macros exactly where your text cursor is positioned in a ticket comment. Previously, the macro was always applied at the end of the comment. See Applying macros to tickets.
- Simplified hyperlinks: Pasting a URL on highlighted text will automatically convert the highlighted text into a hyperlink. This change enables you to quickly create hyperlinks and makes your composing experience better. See Using formatting options and controls.
- For tickets with a large number of comments, only the 100 most-recent comments appear when you first open the ticket. This helps overall performance and enables the ticket to open quickly. To see additional comments, click Show more. See Loading additional comments.
- Ticket redaction for native messaging and social messaging tickets in the Zendesk Agent Workspace has been suspended. Zendesk is working to relaunch support for this feature in a future update. See Redacting ticket content in the Zendesk Agent Workspace.
- Pages viewed (or visitor path) for messaging displays the web pages, app screens, or help center articles a customer views in the Agent Workspace context panel, bringing messaging one big step closer to feature parity with live chat. See Viewing customer context in a ticket.
- You can now search for Zendesk help center content in Support. To search, click your profile image, then click Help > Get help. Enter a search topic, then press Return.
- The number of active contextual workspaces you can have has increased from 50 to 500. This enables you to create more workspaces to meet your needs. See Setting up contextual workspaces.
- Two new keyboard shortcuts are now available in Knowledge. See Viewing and deactivating keyboard shortcuts. You can now use:
- ctrl + alt + k to open and close the Knowledge section of the context panel
- ctrl + alt + l to open the search bar in Knowledge
- You can now decide which day should be considered the start of the week when it comes to the reports you build and the filters you use. The ability to set a custom start of week gives you more flexibility in weekly reporting. See Setting the start of week for reports and filters.
- A new prebuilt Calls dashboard and dataset help you monitor your Zendesk Sell call activity. The dashboard shows information about your sales calls, such as incoming and outgoing calls, call duration, and more. The dataset enables you to build your own custom reports on sales calls. See Analyzing your Zendesk Sell call activity and Metrics and attributes for Zendesk Sell.
- When you cancel a Zendesk product or account, you have until your current billing cycle ends to continue using the product or account. Previously, product and account cancellations were effective immediately. See Cancelling products and accounts.
- Zendesk alerts you when you’re adding team members and you use the last seat in your sales-assisted account. This gives you time to buy more agent seats before you run out.
The account owner and billing admins can purchase the seats directly. Admins without billing permission can request a subscription change to add more seats. See Adding agent seats when the last seat is used.
- You can subscribe to SMS status notifications for your account. If you choose to receive notifications, you can now opt for specific types of notifications via SMS, email, or both methods. See Subscribing to status notifications for your account.
- Sunshine Conversations now supports Apple Messages for Business, formerly Apple Business Chat. See the Apple Messages for Business channel in the Sunshine Conversations docs.
Really loving the ability to resize areas in the Agent Workspace, but I find the ticket properties are too spread apart now. Reducing the spacing between each would be a QOL improvement to eliminate extra scrolling. :)
I have a 27" screen but when I have to revert to using my 15" laptop the amount of scrolling you do with Zendesk becomes a real chore. So much white space! It's almost like they don't use Zendesk in real life, or perhaps they do and ignore the feedback? :-)
Hi Kaitey and Darren, I mentioned this issue to the Product Manager. Our new UI toolkit has a recommend guideline for 20px spacing between fields, thus the change. That said, we are keeping track of customer feedback to see if future adjustments need to be made. We appreciate your comments.
Why add the ability to resize the ticket properties but not the associated name and organisation panels?
Now if I move the the properties panel and want to look at the others my worspace jumps around.
Not really thought through, though the intention is good.
I have a question regarding the agent workspace update:
Before the update we were able to copy (and paste it in another doc) the ticket numbers by clicking on it:
Can it be due to the agent workspace update?
Thank you in advance.
Having the same issue as Edina above.
It's no longer possible to highlight ticket number with a double click. Trying to highlight it with the mouse is a bit awkward depending on where exactly you click.
We can get it from the URL or type it manually for now but is there a reason for this change?
Thanks Edina and Jason,
I recommend posting your feedback here:
See Giving product feedback at Zendesk
Looks like someone already has it here
Hey Lisa Kelly
I cannot find a ticket but wondering if we could make Agent Workspace more modular?
I.e the ability to unlock/lock certain areas of the workspace so that it's either static on the page or follows you wherever you scroll?
Hi lloyd. I recommend posting your feedback here:
See also Giving product feedback at Zendesk
Thanks Lisa Kelly!
All raised :)
Please sign in to leave a comment.