In this Explore recipe, you’ll learn how to create a simple call log report that shows calls made within a specific time frame, along with the owner, outcome and duration.
This article contains the following topics:
What you’ll need
Skill level: Beginner
Time required: 5 minutes
- Zendesk Explore Professional or Enterprise
- Editor or Admin permissions (see Giving agents access to Explore)
- Sales data in Zendesk Sell
Creating the report
- In Explore, click the reports () icon.
- In the Reports library, click New report.
- On the Select a dataset page, click Sell > Sell - Calls, then click Start report. The report builder opens.
- In the Metrics panel, click Add.
- From the list, select Calls and Call duration and click Apply.
- In the Rows panel, click Add.
- From the list, select the following attributes and then click Apply:
- Time - Call made at - Timestamp
- Call owner
- Call outcome
- To change the Call time column to a duration format, go to the Chart configuration menu () and select Display format. In the SUM(Call duration) field, select Duration.
- To hide the Calls column (which always shows “1”), go to the Chart configuration menu () and select Columns. In the Column 4 row, click the eye icon.
- To filter the report by time frame, click the Time - Call made at - Timestamp attribute on the left, click Edit date ranges, and select the time frame you want to see.
- To change the date and time format, go to the Chart configuration () menu and select Date display format.
- Select Custom and enter the following: MMM Do, YYYY @ h:mm a z
This renders a default timestamp of 2021-08-26T14:44:00 as Aug 26, 2021 @ 02:44 pm UTC.
- To add an optional filter for the type of call, in the Filters panel, click Add.
- From the list, select Call type and click Apply. You can then click this attribute to filter the report’s results to suit your needs.