This article includes the following topics:
How do I know if I am affected?
To view your plan type, you can navigate to https://account.zopim.com/ and refer to ‘Package’.
What should I expect?
Lite accounts will be automatically migrated. You will receive a series of notices:
- Account upgrade notice
- Account upgrade reminder
- Account upgrade confirmation
You will be notified 30 days before your scheduled upgrade window, and reminded again 15 days before the date.
Account owners can expect to receive one notice per Chat Lite account. For users who have had multiple Chat accounts and have not canceled or upgraded them, you can expect to receive multiple notices.
After the upgrade is complete, you will need to to reset your password. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You will need to complete this process before you can begin using the upgraded account. There will also be some changes to your experience. Find out more here.
What do I need to do?
First, select a subdomain name.
- Once signed in to your Chat dashboard, you will see the following modal that has been enabled for your account. Select Confirm subdomain.
- Follow the instructions to select a subdomain name.
Then, prepare for upcoming downtime during the scheduled upgrade window:
- For the majority of the accounts, the upgrade will occur within a 20-minute window. To minimize the impact on your operations, your account will be usable immediately after the upgrade. We will provide an update when the migration has been completed.
- Full Chat data import (including chats, visitors, and Insights and analytics data) will be done after the upgrade and may take up to 24+ hours
Frequently asked questions
What should I do if I'm not using Chat?
Simply sign in to your account at https://account.zopim.com/ and cancel your account
What if I want to continue using Chat, but on a Paid plan?
- Sign in to your Chat dashboard
- Go to Account > Purchase Plan and you will be directed to a billing page to confirm what subscription plan you want and the number of agent seats.
What should I do if I have an existing Zendesk account?
You can link your legacy Chat account with a Zendesk Support account. When you’ve linked your account, you will need to go through the Chat Phase 1 migration path. See how to get started at Upgrading from Legacy Chat + Support to Chat Phase 4.
After this migration, you will no longer be able to make these changes. To connect Chat to your Zendesk account, you will need to open a brand new instance from the Zendesk Products icon ().
Will there be any impact on my Billing account?
For some customers who have not previously included their Billing information, you will be prompted to do so when you select your subdomain name. This will not change your subscription in any way.
Will there be any data loss?
All data – including chats, visitors, views, agents, automations, triggers, Analytics etc., even before your account has been downgraded to Lite plan – will be migrated to the upgraded account.
What are some changes in my experience?
- You will now access Chat through yoursubdomain.zendesk.com/chat with the credentials you have previously reset.
- You will need to sign in through the Zendesk option when accessing Chat via the Chat mobile app.
- Subscription and billing information will be moved to our new Admin Center. Find out more on how to Manage your subscription on the Admin Center