Can I use my Talk number for WhatsApp?
It is possible to use Talk local or mobile numbers for WhatsApp. The number must meet the WhatsApp Business API requirements below.
Phone number requirements
- Has a country and area code, such as landline and cell numbers
- Owned by you
- Able to receive voice calls or SMS
- Not a short code
- Not previously used with the WhatsApp Business Platform
Once your Talk number is connected with WhatsApp Business API, note the conditions below.
Talk number conditions
- IVR and voicemail will need to be disabled in the Talk number settings before connecting with WhatsApp. After the number is connected with WhatsApp, IVR and voicemail can be reenabled within the number settings.
- The number cannot be used for the call function within WhatsApp.
For more information, see the article: Adding WhatsApp channels to the Zendesk Agent Workspace.