On May 19, 2022 from 16:00 UTC to 18:15 UTC, customers using Zendesk Explore experienced missing data for metrics in the Tickets, Ticket Updates, and Updates History datasets.
17:37 UTC | 10:37 PT
We are investigating reports of some Explore metrics in the Tickets, Ticket Updates, and Updates History datasets returning 0 results. We will provide another update as soon as we can.
17:49 UTC | 10:49 PT
We have confirmed an issue in Explore causing several metrics across Tickets, Ticket Updates, and Updates History datasets to return 0 results. Our team is investigating and we will provide additional information as soon as it's available.
18:36 UTC | 11:36 PT
Our engineers have discovered a cause for the issue causing Explore metrics across several datasets to return 0 results, and a fix has been deployed. Please let us know if you continue to see any issues.
Root Cause Analysis
This incident was caused by an escaped defect in a newly deployed version of the reporting engine.
To fix this issue, we deployed the previous working version of the service and recovery was observed soon thereafter.
- Create additional test cases covering the issues caused in this incident [Scheduled]
- Create new monitoring and alerts based on the issue found in this incident [Scheduled]
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For current system status information about your Zendesk, check out our system status page. The summary of our post-mortem investigation is usually posted here a few days after the incident has ended. If you have additional questions about this incident, please log a ticket with us via ZBot Messaging within the Widget.
Postmortem published May 24, 2022.
Article is closed for comments.