Zendesk will perform critical maintenance that will impact performance for Chat and Agent Workspace (Support) customers on Pod 20 during the time listed below:
|Date||POD||Start Time||End Time|
|Aug 7, 2022 UTC||20||07:00 UTC||08:30 UTC|
|(00:00 PDT)||(01:30 PDT)|
Customers Affected: The following Pod 20 customers will experience a maximum service disruption of 90 minutes within the maintenance window:
- Zendesk Chat customers
- Agent Workspace customers using Messaging in Support
(Please see Expected Behavior below for specific feature impact).
Please note: Customers who are impacted by this maintenance will receive a system banner in the Support or Chat interface starting on July 29, 2022 notifying them of this maintenance window. Only customers who receive this banner are impacted by this maintenance.
Affected products: Chat, Support (Agent Workspace), Messaging, Web/Mobile Messaging and SunCo SDK
During the maintenance window
- Customers using Messaging, Web/Mobile Messaging and SunCo SDK with Agent Workspace will have a degraded experience.
- No new chat sessions can be created. Ongoing chats will be disconnected for both agents and visitors.
- Chat dashboard will be accessible but most of the functionality will be unavailable.
- Agents will not be able to respond to the messaging tickets during the maintenance window.
After the maintenance window
- All Chat, Agent Workspace and Customers using Messaging, Web/Mobile Messaging and SunCo SDK functionality will be restored to normal.
What will happen to our Chat Widget/Mobile SDK/Web SDK during this maintenance?
- If you are currently using the Widget with Messaging enabled, all channels are available for use. However, Agents will only receive messages sent during the maintenance after the window is over. Customers are recommended to redirect customers to contact form, help center, Answer Bot, etc. to ensure end users can expect to reach Agents in a timely manner when they do interact with the Widget.
- If you are currently using the Web Widget (Classic), and other channels outside of Chat are enabled for use (contact form, help center, Answer Bot, etc.), the widget will remain visible on your site through the maintenance window serving those functions besides Chat. Once the maintenance window is over and agents are logged into Zendesk Chat, the Web Widget (Classic) will show the Chat channel as available again.
- If you are using an older version of the legacy Chat Standalone Widget - the widget will not load and be considered offline.
- Chat Mobile SDK and Web SDK will appear offline and will fail to connect.
Why we're doing this:
- The core Chat servers will be restarted after several updates to improve security and reliability of the Chat service and to maintain compliance.
- Increase streaming data store capacity in all pods to accommodate customer traffic growth.
- If any issues are identified while patching the servers, the process will halt and Chat services will be brought back online. We will then work to schedule a new maintenance window to continue as needed.