|Announced on||Rollout starts||Rollout ends|
|August 15, 2022||August 15, 2022||August 19, 2022|
We’re excited to announce the beta release of omnichannel routing. The beta enables you to direct tickets and messages to team members based on their availability, capacity, and the ticket priority. Using omnichannel routing means that the highest priority tickets are assigned to the agents who are most available to work on them. This provides the following benefits:
- Tickets are responded to faster
- You can prioritize work from high-value customers
- Agents are automatically assigned tickets and don’t have to go looking for them
- Agents can’t ‘cherry pick’ the tickets they want to work on
- Agents can work on multiple ticket channels at once
Additionally, you can define capacity rules that help you limit the amount of work that’s assigned to an agent at any one time.
Finally, the beta includes custom agent statuses that let you expand on the default statuses of Online, Away, Transfers only, and Offline to enable you to define as many agent statuses as would want such as “In a meeting” or “Out to lunch”
When can I start using this?
Omnichannel routing is available to accounts with the Agent Workspace enabled. Additionally, if your account has a chat subscription then messaging or sunshine conversations need to be enabled. See the dates at the top of this announcement to understand the time frame for rolling out to each account. You’ll find these new features in the Admin Center under the Omnichannel routing heading.
Want to learn more?
We’ve put together a set of docs to help you use omnichannel routing. To get started, read About omnichannel routing.
Hi, does the agent still need to click "accept" button on the top right? or the ticket will be pushed to the assignee?
As explained in the article About omnichannel routing (beta), the assignee will need to accept the conversation by clicking on the button.
The section "Considerations for omnichannel routing" of the article mentioned above also explain that you can put in place a reassignment timing. This means that if after a specific amount of time, the agent didn't accept the ticket, it will be routed to the next online agent.
Hope that helps! :)
When can this be synched with their outlook calendars? It would be great if when a meeting is added to their calendar then the go to the status of in a meeting. Also if full or light agents are away - something that shows them as unavailable (for the whole day not just in that moment)
I have some feedback that I believe would make everyone's lives a little easier.
1) It would be great if the notifications about getting a new ticket assigned were coming from all channels to one place.
At the moment, if you're using omnichannel routing, the only way to know that you've been assigned an email/web form ticket is if you get a trigger in place to inform agents about that (then they have to go to their email inboxes to check...) or if each agent has a personal queue with tickets assigned specifically to them.
It would be great if the notifications about such tickets were either in the same notifications box as messaging ones or if they had their own notifications centre next to the messaging one (or even in the Conversation box) so it's all centralised directly in Zendesk and visible at a glance when the agent views their workspace.
2) Default Agent Statuses - it would be amazing if we could disable these statuses at a will, or at least be able to customise their position in the list of the available statuses.
My organization consists of a number of departments and not everyone should be using the default statuses (since they won't have to deal with first-line tickets). If we can't hide the default statuses, then at least putting them at the bottom of the status list would be preferable (so agents see the most relevant ones at the top).
3) Giving the admin the power to enforce/change agents' statuses - this is a no-brainer, it would be amazing if admins had the power to do that. The reason is - people are forgetful, especially those in training, they can forget to change their status to offline every time. This means that tickets may be easily missed, especially if someone goes on holiday and doesn't change their status before doing so.
This beta is now closed as omnichannel has been released
Please sign in to leave a comment.