In recent weeks, Zendesk has released new features and enhancements to Flow Builder and the messaging bot-building experience. Some of these updates help admins create more engaging bot messages; others improve their ability to assess bot performance and use that information to refine how their bots function.
In this article, we'll discuss the following features:
Rich bot content
A number of rich message types will be delivered beginning in Q4 2022, and continuing into Q1 2023. This rich content will be supported in Flow Builder, and can be used in your answer flows to create more dynamic bot messages.
The rich message types include:
Images and gifs
In Flow Builder, admins can include an image or animated GIF as part of the Send message step in an answer flow. Images and GIFs added to the step appear to customers in the Web Widget, and to the agent in the Agent Workspace.
Images can be used to:
- Provide an engaging experience (such as GIFs or branded imagery)
- Visually explain things or add screenshots
- Present products and services in an appealing on-brand way
Emoji are currently supported in bot messages, but the feature is often overlooked because there is no UI to indicate this or facilitate emoji selection. The new picker increases awareness of this option, and make inserting emoji into an answer flow a simple process.
Emoji can be added to the following answer step types:
- Send message
- Present options
- Show help center articles
- Transfer to agent
Button links let admins include a button in the Send message step of an answer flow. When a customer clicks a button, they can navigate to an external link, such as a different knowledge base or another page within the current website.
Admins can define the button text and destination URL. The button will be displayed to the customer in the Web Widget, and the button link will be displayed to the agent in the Agent Workspace.
Carousels allow the admin to provide up to 10 options for the customer to scroll through. Admins can add carousels to the Send message step of an answer flow, and add Button links to each carousel card.
Improved bot reporting
Admins can more accurately measure bot performance and use that information to improve conversational interactions with customers. These metrics are displayed in the Flow Builder dashboard.
The new metrics include:
Answer level reporting
Answer level reporting gives admins a more granular view of bot performance to analyze how effective each of the bot's answers is at resolving a particular customer issue.
The Answer level reporting is displayed in a table that includes each answer flow configured in Flow Builder, and include the following metrics:
- Name: The name of the Answer according to Flow Builder (in the original language) at the time the event was sent.
- Engaged users: The number of users that have interacted with each answer.
- % transferred to agent: The percentage of users that engaged with the Answer and went on to transfer to an agent.
Resolution feedback reporting
Resolution feedback reporting provides an additional tool for admins to measure bot performance by tracking customers’ responses to the Ask if question resolved step in an answer flow.
The Resolution feedback reporting section of the dashboard displays the following information:
- Responses sent: Including:
- Responses sent: The total count of resolution feedback replies received by the bot.
- Total asked for feedback: The total count of feedback prompts sent by the bot.
- Response rate: The proportion of instances where a user replied to a feedback prompts (either resolved or unresolved replies).
- Resolved: Including:
- Resolved: The total count of resolved replies received by the bot.
- % of responded: The percent of responses sent that were of the resolved type.
- Top resolved answers: A list of answers ranked by percent resolved in descending order.
- Unresolved: Including:
- Unresolved: The total count of unresolved replies received by the bot.
- % of responded: The percent of responses sent that were of the unresolved type.
- Top unresolved answers: A list of answers ranked by percent unresolved in descending order.
Are all the options in here live already? I can't work out how to add a button link.
Our teams are working on the Button link. This option should be visible on accounts very soon, within Q1.
I hope this answers your question!
These formats, such as Bulleted and Numbered lists are not included and are not on the roadmap for now.
There is no existing feature request so far about this - I can encourage you to post your feedback in our community here.
Hope this clarifies!
Question - do these updates include the ability to have bulleted and/or numbered lists in the send message step? We often like to share how-to steps in our bot-message if they are under 3 steps, so it would be nice to have some formatting options in the message portion of a step.
Please sign in to leave a comment.