|Announced on||Rollout starts||Rollout ends|
|August 31, 2022||August 31, 2022||September 30, 2022|
We’re pleased to introduce the new Customer Profile Page and Activity Timeline, an experience designed to help team members better understand end users in Zendesk.
What’s changing, and why?
The Customer Profile Page is focused on your customer’s interactions with your company, highlighted by the new Activity Timeline at the core of the experience.
This new design brings the entire customer relationship into focus, provides better context about the customer, and reduces the frequency with which team members have to leave Zendesk to do their job.
The Customer Profile Page has a completely new modern layout which improves accessibility, better utilizes the page width, and provides more scalability for data-rich customer profiles.
The list of key changes are:
- Activity Timeline: a chronological list of interactions your customer has had with your business. It provides team members with a level of context that helps them deliver personalized service to delight your customers.
- Key Details: The Customer Profile Page is a big page comprising multiple tabs, actions, and functions. To help keep team members centered, focused, and informed, we created a Key Details section that is consistently displayed while a team member navigates around the page.
- Ticket Table: We have retained the experience from the User Profile Page. The table lists all conversations that have happened between the customer and your support team.
- Customer Details: Information about the customer is no longer cramped in the sidebar. The new Customer Details tab provides generous space for managing customer data, including a new organizations table.
- Actions: The actions that can be taken on a user are now all conveniently located in one place. Actions at beta launch include merge customer, suspend access, and delete customer.
For more about the new page, see Using the new customer profile page (beta).
How will this affect me?
When viewing an end user’s profile page, if your account has the beta enabled, then team members can toggle between the current User Profile Page and the new Customer Profile Page.
Limitations of the beta:
- Cannot upgrade end user to agent
- Cannot set password
- Cannot reset password
- Apps cannot control field state and field values
If a team member needs to perform one of the above functions, they can easily toggle to the current User Profile Page.
How to access the beta
Only accounts on Agent Workspace can access the beta. See Activating and deactivating the Zendesk Agent Workspace for instructions on how to activate Agent Workspace.
To access the new Customer Profile Page, first an admin must enable the open beta. Then, team members may access the new experience via a toggle on the current User Profile Page.
At any time, an admin can simply switch access to the beta on or off. No data will be lost. The only thing that will change is the UI that team members use to access the data.
At any time, team members in an account with beta access can switch between the current and new experience.