|Announced on||New integration available||EOL of existing integration|
|September 12, 2022||September 12, 2022||November 30, 2022|
We’re excited to announce the release of the new Zendesk integrations for Zoom! With our new Zoom integrations, you can resolve customer inquiries faster, simplify workflows, and deliver more personalized service.
The new Zoom integration consists of two parts:
- A new app within Zoom’s app framework, which shows the full customer context within Zoom, and allows agents to create and update tickets within Zoom Meetings
- A new app within Zendesk, that allows agents to schedule and launch Zoom meetings from Support
This announcement answers the following questions:
What’s changing, and why?
Some customers prefer face-to-face support. That’s why our partnership with Zoom lets you deliver personalized, real-time help. It’s easy to integrate right out of the box with the Zendesk Suite.
Over the past year, we’ve been working with our development partner, Faye Digital, to build a new product that creates an end-to-end experience across the whole customer journey in Zendesk and Zoom.
The new Zendesk app in Zoom allows agents to seamlessly access the power of Zendesk from within Zoom Meetings, simplifies workflows and improves agent productivity:
- While in a Zoom meeting, agents can see full customer context from Zendesk within the the Zoom application and offer more personalized service
- Agents can create and update tickets within Zoom meetings while on a call with a customer, as well as capture notes and key details without having to toggle between applications.
The new Zoom integration within Support allows agents to resolve customer inquiries faster, simplify workflows, and deliver more personalized service:
- In Agent Workspace, agents can schedule an upcoming Zoom meeting and send it to the customer via a calendar invitation. Agents can launch a new or scheduled Zoom meeting from within Agent Workspace without having to separately log in to Zoom.
- The Zoom Meeting details, recording, transcript, chat, duration, and any notes after a call are directly saved within Zendesk as an internal note. You and your agents can easily access them anytime for future context or quality assurance.
Go to our ProductBoard for more details of our roadmap and to add or upvote features that you’d like to see in the integration. We’re also collecting and incorporating feedback on the product, which can be submitted here.
We’re planning to run a series of interviews with customers who have installed and used the integration to help us iterate and improve the product. If you would be interested in participating in some customer research, please fill out the following form.
What do I need to do?
To install the new Zendesk app in Zoom, go to the app listing in Zoom App Marketplace and download the app to your Zoom client.
To install the new Zoom integration within Support, go to the app listing in the Zendesk Marketplace and download to your Zendesk account.
Learn more about how to use and install the Zendesk app for Zoom here and the Zoom app for Support here.
What’s happening to the existing Zoom integration?
Zoom will be deprecating their existing Zendesk by Zoom integration on November 30, 2022.
If you’re using the existing Zoom integration, you’ll need to move to the new integration by November 30, 2022. After that date, the legacy integration will no longer function.
Hey David Gillespie, one of the screenshots in this article is broken. Could we get that fixed up please so we can see what you're trying to show us? :)
Hi Amie Brennan,
Big thank you for flagging! I've updated the screenshot, should now be fixed.
Can we just install the Zoom app in Support, or do we have to also install the Zendesk app in Zoom? More interested in the Zoom integration with Support than the Zendesk integration with Zoom.
Hi again, I installed the Zoom app in Support and while testing it out noticed that when an agent schedules a meeting for later (as opposed to Invite now), the user cannot enter the meeting without filling out a web form with their name and email address (twice). This does not happen for Invite now, but only for Schedule for later. Can this step be removed? If we are inviting someone to a Zoom meeting through Zendesk Support we already have their name and email address. This is a barrier to getting connected with the user and likely an annoyance for them.
in this case, you will have to install both, the Zoom App in Zendesk and the Zendesk App in Zoom.
Here you can find the link to the Zendesk Marketplace:
And here you can see the link in the Zoom Marketplace:
In regards to functionality questions of the Apps, I would suggest you reach out to the 3rd party provider/developer of the App, Faye Support:
Since this integration was not built by Zendesk, but rather a third party (Faye), is there documentation about what information they gather and store from our Zendesk instance? This could be a significant blocker for any company concerned about data residency and security, especially now that the original Zoom app built by Zendesk has been disabled.
Please sign in to leave a comment.