|Announced on||New integration available||EOL of existing integration|
|September 12, 2022||September 12, 2022||November 30, 2022|
We’re excited to announce the release of the new Zendesk integrations for Zoom! With our new Zoom integrations, you can resolve customer inquiries faster, simplify workflows, and deliver more personalized service.
The new Zoom integration consists of two parts:
- A new app within Zoom’s app framework, which shows the full customer context within Zoom, and allows agents to create and update tickets within Zoom Meetings
- A new app within Zendesk, that allows agents to schedule and launch Zoom meetings from Support
This announcement answers the following questions:
What’s changing, and why?
Some customers prefer face-to-face support. That’s why our partnership with Zoom lets you deliver personalized, real-time help. It’s easy to integrate right out of the box with the Zendesk Suite.
Over the past year, we’ve been working with our development partner, Faye Digital, to build a new product that creates an end-to-end experience across the whole customer journey in Zendesk and Zoom.
The new Zendesk app in Zoom allows agents to seamlessly access the power of Zendesk from within Zoom Meetings, simplifies workflows and improves agent productivity:
- While in a Zoom meeting, agents can see full customer context from Zendesk within the the Zoom application and offer more personalized service
- Agents can create and update tickets within Zoom meetings while on a call with a customer, as well as capture notes and key details without having to toggle between applications.
The new Zoom integration within Support allows agents to resolve customer inquiries faster, simplify workflows, and deliver more personalized service:
- In Agent Workspace, agents can schedule an upcoming Zoom meeting and send it to the customer via a calendar invitation. Agents can launch a new or scheduled Zoom meeting from within Agent Workspace without having to separately log in to Zoom.
- The Zoom Meeting details, recording, transcript, chat, duration, and any notes after a call are directly saved within Zendesk as an internal note. You and your agents can easily access them anytime for future context or quality assurance.
Go to our ProductBoard for more details of our roadmap and to add or upvote features that you’d like to see in the integration. We’re also collecting and incorporating feedback on the product, which can be submitted here.
We’re planning to run a series of interviews with customers who have installed and used the integration to help us iterate and improve the product. If you would be interested in participating in some customer research, please fill out the following form.
What do I need to do?
To install the new Zendesk app in Zoom, go to the app listing in Zoom App Marketplace and download the app to your Zoom client.
To install the new Zoom integration within Support, go to the app listing in the Zendesk Marketplace and download to your Zendesk account.
What’s happening to the existing Zoom integration?
Zoom will be deprecating their existing Zendesk by Zoom integration on November 30, 2022.
If you’re using the existing Zoom integration, you’ll need to move to the new integration by November 30, 2022. After that date, the legacy integration will no longer function.