Intelligent triage and Intelligence in the context panel are two features that work together to automatically detect and display helpful context about customers’ tickets, along with recommendations on what agents should do next.
This article answers the following questions about intelligent triage and Intelligence:
What is it?
Intelligent triage is an AI-powered feature that automatically detects what a ticket is about (its intent), what language it's written in, and whether the customer's message is positive or negative (its sentiment). You can use this information to:
Intelligence is the section within the context panel that shows an agent the ticket's intent, language, and sentiment, providing helpful context. The section also shows the top three most helpful macros, suggested based on the text of the ticket, which the agent can apply with a single click.
How does it work?
Watch the demo video below to see intelligent triage and Intelligence in action, or read on for an example.Intelligent triage and Intelligence demo (2:05)
Here's an example of how intelligent triage and Intelligence work together to help your team provide better and faster customer service:
- A customer submits a ticket saying that the item he ordered arrived damaged.
- Intelligent triage automatically tags the ticket with an intent of Item has problem or is damaged on arrival from a prebuilt list of over 100 possible intents specific to your industry.
- The ticket is routed to the right team because of the trigger you created to automatically route and prioritize tickets about damaged items and the view you created that groups tickets by intent.
- The agent opens the ticket and uses the Intelligence section to quickly understand that the customer received a damaged item and needs a new one.
- The agent applies one of the suggested macros to respond to the customer and help resolve the issue.
Why should I use it?
With intelligent triage and Intelligence, you can:
- Reduce ticket handling time by 30-60 seconds. Intelligent triage removes the need to read the ticket before assigning it to a category.
- Route and prioritize tickets automatically. Understand the customer’s intent and route the ticket to the right team the first time. Prioritize revenue drivers (like billing issues or requests from unhappy VIPs), ensuring agents are working on business-critical requests.
- Provide quick and efficient support. The Intelligence section quickly gives agents context about the ticket and lets them apply the right macro with one click, increasing efficiency and decreasing onboarding time.
- Use data to better understand your customers. Continuously improve how you deliver support, collaborate across departments, and identify areas of opportunity.