|Announced on||Rollout on|
|October 10, 2022||November 3, 2022|
Zendesk currently permits admins and some custom roles to export data via native reporting in Support. Starting on November 3, 2022, we will restrict the ability to export to admins only.
This announcement includes the following topics:
- What's changing, and why?
- Am I impacted?
- What do I need to do?
- What are the Zendesk product team's plans for roles and permissions?
What's changing, and why?
Starting on November 3, 2022, we will restrict the ability to export to admins only. This change is being made to protect our customers' data by ensuring only designated users have access to it. It will also align actual product behavior with what we've always intended.
Am I impacted?
This change impacts all Zendesk Support and Suite customers with data exporting enabled.
What do I need to do?
No action is required. You're welcome to upgrade agents who need to export ticket data to the Admin role. Alternatively, agents can request exports from another admin in your account.
What are the Zendesk product team's plans for roles and permissions?
We're so glad you asked! The roles and permissions team has three goals right now:
- Break down the admin role and allow 'admin only' permissions to be available in custom roles.
- Create granular permissions to allow our enterprise customers to scale.
- Bring all permissions across the Suite into one place for easy admin management.