|Announced on||Rollout starts||Rollout ends|
|November 8, 2022||November 8, 2022||November 16, 2022|
We’re excited to announce the release of significant improvements to the Zendesk Slack integration! Starting today, the Slack integration admin experience will progressively be released, with the rollout completing on the 16th of November.
This announcement answers the following questions:
- What's changing, and why?
- What do I need to do?
- What's happening to the existing Slack channel notifications?
What's changing, and why?
This update brings Slack into Admin Center, providing a consistent and familiar experience to some of Zendesk’s other integrations. We’ve also introduced a new trigger action for Slack, enabling you to add Slack to your existing Zendesk triggers.
- Connected Slack workspaces are now listed within and can be managed from Admin Center.
- Notifying Slack has been added as an action from within triggers, enabling broader conditionality and the ability to customize the content of a notification message to Slack.
- The integration now threads notifications to a Slack channel for the same ticket, which helps maintain context.
- Slack channel Answer Bot configurations now support selecting which Segments to search.
What do I need to do?
If you already have Slack installed, you will now see the Slack option within Admin Center > Integrations > Integrations.
If you have existing Slack channel notifications configured, you can automatically convert these to triggers via Admin Center. Existing notifications can be maintained or deleted in Slack via /zendesk settings until March 2023. However, new channel configurations cannot be created.
What's happening to the existing Slack channel notifications?
We’ll be deprecating the existing Slack channel notifications on March 31, 2023.
If you’re using the existing Slack channel notifications, you’ll need to migrate these to triggers by March 31, 2023. After that date, these notifications will cease to notify Slack channels.