December 5th, 2022
December 5th, 2022
The team has been working hard to increase the value we provide for you within Slack Direct Messages. To that effect, we are excited to announce the launch of the ability to create Multiple Handles for Slack Direct Messages
What's changing, and why?
This change will allow you to manage more than one Slack handle at a time. For example, say you use Zendesk for internal help desk support. You can now create individual handles such as HR Support, IT Support, Legal Support, etc for all your internal teams., You get more value overall and create a better experience for your business partner engagements and employee engagements.
- You will be able to add more than one slack handle on Slack Direct Messages within Zendesk messaging
- Zendesk can support Multiple handles across multiple workspaces from Slack
- More than one instance of Zendesk can be used in the same slack workspace
- You can have multiple conversations flowing into Zendesk via multiple handles
- Channel Name as a trigger condition, now allows you to build new workflows and expands supportability for your agents
What do I need to do?
If you have Slack Direct Messages already installed, then you don’t need to do anything., As of the rollout date, you will have direct access to this feature. If you don’t have Slack Direct Messages and you would like to learn more about Zendesk and Slack click here. If you want to provide feedback or receive updates about Slack Messaging then fill out the form here
How will this affect me?
If you are a Zendesk Suite customer using messaging, you can add Slack as a native channel. See Setting up the Slack Direct Messages channel for more information. You can repeat this as many times as you would like to add more handles.
Hello Chris Drylie,
Does this also include Slack direct message support in messaging?
HI Kulin Joshi
Yes, Slack DM is supported in channel name conditions in triggers.
Please sign in to leave a comment.