|Rollout start||Rollout end|
|January 24, 2023||February 1, 2023|
Announcing conditional flows in Flow Builder.
What's changing and why?
We’re excited to announce that you can now build more personalised and relevant experiences for your customers with the new step Branch by Condition. With this step type, you can configure the bot to make conditional decisions and build different bot responses based on the conditions the end user meets. Some examples include
- The information collected from the end user using the Ask for details step can be used in the condition to decide whether a Transfer to Agent or Article step should be presented.
- You can use variables from API calls to external systems to find a package’s delivery status to personalize how the bot handles cases where delivery has failed or succeeded.
The Branch by condition step will be capable of
- Evaluating data collected from customers and API calls
- Perform string evaluation, e.g VIP status equals, not equals, contains or does not contain the string value
- Support complex conditions using And/Or to either match all, match any or a combination of both with nested conditions e.g User is a VIP + (Country is USA or Australia)
- Up to 5 conditional branches (excluding ELSE branch) can be added per step
For more information, visit
- Branch by condition overview Help Centre article
- Understanding the Branch by condition step Help Centre article
What do I need to do?
When you are ready to build conditional flows, the new step Branch by condition will be available for use in Flow Builder.
This is really exciting, Lisa. Glad it is finally here!
Please sign in to leave a comment.