Zendesk offers several AI-powered features that help agents be more productive while still providing a high level of customer service. These features, which harness generative AI powered by OpenAI’s Enterprise GPT, include:
- Summarization: Recaps the comments that have been added to a ticket so far, helping agents get up to speed and respond to customers more quickly.
- Enhancing: Automatically improves the content of agent-written comments in
- Expand: Adds additional language to the content of the agent’s comment.
- Make more friendly: Changes the tone of an agent’s comment so that it sounds more conversational.
- Make more formal: Changes the tone of an agent’s comment so that it sounds more professional.
Currently, these features are available for any languages supported by OpenAI and work on any channel within Agent Workspace.
This article contains the following topics:
Activating ticket summarization and enhancing
Admins can turn on the summarization and enhancing features in Admin Center.
To turn on summarization and enhancing
- In Admin Center, click Workspaces in the sidebar, then select Agent tools > Generative AI.
- Select Turn on generative AI.
- Click Save.
Allowing summaries to appear in Intelligence
Admins can determine whether the summarization feature appears in the Intelligence section of the context panel.
To show or hide summaries in Intelligence
- In Admin Center, click Workspaces in the sidebar, then select Agent tools > Context panel.
- In the Intelligence section, deselect the Ticket summary
option to prevent summaries from appearing in Intelligence. By default, this
option is selected, meaning users can generate summaries in Intelligence by
clicking Summarize conversation.
Summarizing a ticket
Agents can quickly get up to speed with a ticket by using the summarize feature to recap all the public comments that have been added to the ticket so far. Internal notes are not included in the summary.
To summarize a ticket
- To summarize a ticket, do one of the following:
- In the Agent Workspace, click Summarize in the banner that
appears at the top of the ticket.
Open Intelligence () in the context panel and click Generate summary.
- In the Agent Workspace, click Summarize in the banner that appears at the top of the ticket.
In Intelligence, the Summary section shows a recap of all the comments in the ticket so far. The date below the summary tells you when the summary was last updated.
Expanding a comment you're composing
Agents can use the expand feature in the composer to save time while responding to a customer.
For example, say an agent types:
- "Sorry to hear, products are checked so damage happened in shipping. Replacement model sent urgently with different company. Gift included in package."
The Expand option might change this text to:
- "Hi <customer name>, I'm sorry to hear that. Our products are checked before leaving the warehouse so the damage must have happened during shipping. I dispatched a replacement model with expedited shipping and a different shipping company. There will be a small gift in the package to make up for these unfortunate events. Thank you, <agent name>."
To expand a comment
- In the composer, type the main ideas of your reply.
- Select the text you want to expand on. If you don’t select any text, the entire reply is expanded on.
- Click the Enhance writing icon () and select Expand.
The system uses AI to generate additional text that fleshes out the reply.
- Read through the expanded text to verify that it says what you want to say.
- Click Submit to update the ticket with the expanded reply.
Changing the tone of a comment you're composing
Agents can change the tone of their comment to make it either more conversational or more professional, depending on the tone dictated by your company’s brand.
For example, say an agent types: “We will do our best to assist you.”
- The Make more friendly option might change this text to: “We’re here to help!”
- The Make more formal option might change this text to: “Please do not hesitate to reach out if you require any further assistance.”
To change the tone of a comment
- In the composer, type your reply.
- Select the text you want to change the tone for. If you don’t select any text, the tone of the entire reply is changed.
- Click the Enhance writing icon () and select one of the following options:
- Make more friendly: Changes the tone to be more conversational.
- Make more formal: Changes the tone to be more professional.
The system uses AI to update the text so that the tone is either more conversational or more professional.
- Read through the updated text to verify that it says what you want to say.
- Click Submit to update the ticket with the updated reply.