|November 28, 2023
|November 28, 2023
|December 7, 2023
*Dashboard rollout for self-service customers occurs at a later date. See below for details.
This announcement includes the following topics:
- What is changing?
- What does it offer?
- Who can use it?
- What should I do if I’m over my storage limit?
- Why is Zendesk making this change?
- What do I need to do?
What is changing?
Increased storage limits
Data storage is a fact of SaaS life. Zendesk is happy to announce that all Zendesk Suite and Support plans will be granted an additional 10 Gigs of data storage and 10 Gigs of file storage! What do you need to do to get it? Nothing, this additional storage allocation is free of charge and will be added on-top of your existing per-agent storage limit today.
Storage usage dashboard
Zendesk is always working to improve ease of use and provide additional product capabilities that will improve the admin experience. One challenge that companies have is understanding how much data storage is being used and what their storage limit is.
We are glad to announce the rollout of the Storage usage dashboard in Admin Center. The dashboard makes it more apparent how much storage is being used so that you can make more informed decisions pertaining to data storage management on our platform. For details, see Managing data storage.
What does it offer?
- Color coded quick view usage information cards that detail storage and file usage to date
- A historical view of how much storage has been used
- Segmentation of storage usage by object type (custom objects, users, ticket data, files)
- In-product warning notifications when your instance is approaching and/or has exceeded the storage allowance
Who can use it?
We’re working to roll this out to all of our customers. Once made available on your account, the dashboard will be visible in the Admin Center. See Monitoring storage usage. Self-service customers will get access by Q2 2024.
What should I do if I’m over my storage limit?
If you’re over your storage limit, not to worry you have a few options.
- Delete data: Some customers may have data that is no longer important to your organization. There are options for deleting this data from the platform. In addition to leveraging our ticket deletion APIs, you can also implement a rule to delete tickets older than a certain age (available in beta) or buy the Advanced Data Privacy and Protection add-on which includes Advanced Data Retention policies.
- Upgrade your plan: Storage limits are based on a customer’s plan and the number of agent seats. Customers in need of additional storage could either purchase additional seats or upgrade their plan if interested. See Buying Zendesk products.
- Purchase More Storage: Zendesk also provides customers the option to purchase additional storage. You can find more details about the availability of this option. See Buying more storage.
Why is Zendesk making this change?
Currently, customers have to contact Zendesk to see their storage usage. Zendesk wants to make it as easy as possible for you to manage your data storage, view your storage usage, and increase storage if needed.
What do I need to do?
You don't need to do anything. This change will be automatically rolled out to your account based on the timetable shown at the top of this article.