|Change active from
|November 22, 2023
|November 22, 2023
On Nov 22, 2023, we updated certain default report configurations to ensure that new reports created in Explore have the best possible configuration from the get-go.
This announcement answers the following questions:
What’s changing and why?
Explore reports have a wide variety of chart configuration options. However, the default values of these configurations were not fine-tuned for the most common use cases nor aligned with Zendesk accessibility standards.
To resolve these issues, we’ve updated the default configurations used for newly created reports.
Here is a summary of the changes:
- Chart label, axis, legend, and value font colors are now a darker shade of gray.
- The report background and chart axes are now transparent to make sure they don’t obstruct other content or the background of the dashboard.
- Column and bar charts are staked by default. If metric value labels are turned on, they are shown inside of the columns and bars.
- Line charts are curved by default and the point renderer is smaller size when turned on.
- If there are multiple metrics added to a pie chart, all these metrics are used to slice the chart.
- KPIs show the variation value by default if two metrics are added to the report. The variation’s decrease and increase colors now use different shades of green and red.
- The area chart segments are curved and slightly transparent to make overlapping areas visible.
- Gauge and bullet visualizations use the single-color scale by default, but can be switched to the 3-color scale if necessary.
- The row selector has all values selected.
- Comparison line is the default data tip style.
- The Applied filters setting is not selected by default.
How does this change impact me?
From now on, all new reports will use the configurations listed above by default. However, this does not impact any existing reports. You can still adjust the look of your reports in the Chart configuration menu as before. See Customizing your chart type and options.