The way attachments appear in ticket emails has been a bit difficult for some customers for quite a while.
In this tip, we outline a different way to think of attachments, and a way to remind yourself and your agents. The reasons why...
- There is really no such thing as an attachment in Zendesk, simply links to uploaded files.
- People get confused over the word 'attachment' as they cannot find it in the outlook header where a true attachment would be.
- This tip uses existing functionality to kill two birds with one stone
- Install the 'Keywords' App from the App marketplace
- Add the words Attachment and Attached (and any other variations used) to the Keyword settings
- This will prevent updating the ticket completely if these words are present
- When this happens - reword to NOT include the words by adding in line links... examples below...
Instead of this...
- Simply upload your file - right click the file and copy the link
- Enter and highlight your download text.
- CTRL-B for Bold, CTRL-K for link dialogue, CTRL-V for Paste - ENTER!
OR Better Yet! - uses :paperclip: emoji.
I've also used CTRL-U for underline.
Please sign in to leave a comment.