With the new beta functionality for Talk Professional and Enterprise, agents can bring a third party into an ongoing phone call with a customer. While previously, an agent only had the option to transfer a call, they can now also consult with a third party and chose to either transfer or add them to the ongoing call.
- Agent receives an inbound call or makes an outbound call
- Agent selects to transfer
- The customer will be put on hold and hear the configured hold music
- Agent finds an agent/external number/end-user that they wish to consult with
- Once the third party answers, the two are put into consultation
- At this point, the agent has the option to transfer the call as normal, or to “Add to call”
- If the agent selects to “Add to call”, both the customer and the third party will be shown in the call console.
- A private ticket comment noting “Conference call” will be added
- Agent can choose to End call (ending it for all parties) or Leave call (allowing just the original agent to drop off.
We’ve added two new agent stats (available on the dashboard if you drill into the More section for an agent).
- Calls conferenced – this will increment for the agent each time they initiates a conference call by selecting “Add to call”.
- Conferences accepted – this will increment for the agent each time they’re added as the third party in a conference call.
Please sign in to leave a comment.