Zendesk Guide is quite useful, but there is room for growth when it comes to scaling the tool for large support organizations. One of the biggest challenges is around optimizing information architecture and modifying permissions. When a change is made for the Guide information architecture, it is quite cumbersome to update all the affected articles. Here is an example of some changes that might be made:
- Adding a category or section, and moving existing articles into that section
- Choosing a different User Segment that has permission to view a set of sections
- Adding labels to articles to make them available to Answer Bot
In all of these cases, bulk changes are needed for Articles and/or Sections. Otherwise, changes must be made one-by-one. This is challenging to support on a daily basis.
Zendesk Support offers the ability to make bulk changes to ticket data, and the interface works very well for that workflow. A similar interface could be enabled for Bulk Changes in the Article List in Guide. Here are some metadata that might need to be changed:
- Pick a new Section for publishing
- Add Labels
- Set status (Draft or Published)
- Open or Closed for Comments
- Promoted / Not Promoted
- Change Author
- Mark a set of Translations Out of Date (e.g. all French translations for a set of articles)
For Sections (as viewed in the Arrange Content view)
- Pick a new Category for publishing
- After selecting a group of Sections, set a new User Segment that has permission to view these Sections (this would override the existing User Segment on any Sections that had one previously set in that selection)
- Change Who can Manage Articles
- Change Language / Mark Translation Out of Date
- Mark as Draft
This might also work for Categories:
- Mark Out of Date
- Mark as Draft
This is really important as KB content grows - especially in light of new KCS practices being introduced, and the multibrand Help Center environment.
Post is closed for comments.