Recently I have to update one of my drop-down with new values, remove old one, update tags to have one pattern of them.
After that change, I had to face a big problem.
As an example, I will use just one of the drop-down value (refunds__covid-19), where I had to change the name and a tag. I understand that if I change the tag, the old value will not be accessible and it was quite easy to workaround later via automation.
The problems that I faced:
1. In the ticket, the value of the field was empty in the tickets where that value was used before that change. The field is a mandatory one, but it turned out that agents are able to Solve tickets without fulfilling that field:
2. Second thing, is that I couldn't target in automation or triggers that fields where the Category is empty (per the screen above). The preview list of automation didn't show me thousands of tickets that was impacted by my change. It was quite urgent to update at least a part of them on the same day. I knew that the tag that was used in that drop-down value was still in the ticket as a tag, but I couldn't target tickets where:
Status -> Less than -> Closed
Tags -> Contains the following tags -> refunds__covid-19
Category -> Not Present |or| Category -> Is -> -
There was no tickets when I try to target those tickets with above conditions.
It took me a lot of time, when I noticed that in fact the value of the tickets wasn't empty, the View showed me this:
I couldn't also use the condition Category -> Is -> refunds__covid-19
In the end I built the automation:
- Status -> less than -> Closed
- tags -> contains at least one of the following -> refunds__covid-19
- Category -> Is not -> **here I needed to put all of the new values of the problematic files ~ 250 values** (it is due to the fact, that it took me so long time to find the reason, that some of the tickets already had a new value here)
- Category -> Is -> *put proper one that was after my change**
In my opinion, if a value and tag of the drop-down field is changed/removed, it should also be removed from the ticket. The tag can stay, as it will point to what was the previous value.
Especially it is confusing if in the ticket the value is not showed as in my example. The triggers and automation are not working as they see that in fact there is some value (the old tag) and agents can solve tickets with empty (but not empty in backend) mandatory ticket field.
Please sign in to leave a comment.