I'd like to request a few enhancements to custom ticket fields capabilities.
New Field Options:
- Date (without Time): Same type of field as due date field that appears when the task ticket type is selected. I'm looking for an extra date field so I can compare start date and estimated complete date (two different fields) against due date.
- Date (with Time): Same, but with a time and am/pm selection. I realize it may not make sense to build this out until the option exists for due date.
- Multi-select drop-down menu: Drop-down with the ability to select multiple values using ctl + click or shift + click.
- Radio Buttons: Only select a single value.
- Allow default values (optional) to be selected.
- Customize the width of the Text, Numeric and Decimal fields; define # of characters viewable in the field.
- Customize the width/height of the Multi-line text field.
- Allow similar field types to be switched after creation; for example, if a field started as numeric, allow a change to decimal without losing previously populated data.
- Rework the drop-down menu when sub-menu/sub-category functionality is enabled. For instance, a normal drop-down menu will display up or down depending on where there is space to view it. They also extend outside the constraints of the browser, whereas the current sub-menu/sub-category enabled version only flows downward requiring the user to scroll to see the options covered up.
- Tweak the open text field types (text, numeric, decimal) to be the same height as the drop-down menu types. It is slightly disproportionate today.
- Allow more control over how the fields are displayed for agents. A drag and drop design option would be fantastic, but I realize least likely to happen. Perhaps, field slots could be defined based on the number of fields that are active. If the administrator would prefer to display only two fields on a row (even if 3 or 4 could fit), define the other slots as blank. The problem today is that when too many fields are displayed, it is a bit difficult to navigate (see attached screenshot).
- Conditional logic for when to display fields. For instance, when a specific value is selected in field A, field B is exposed (or B and C); when a specific value in field B or field C is selected, field D is exposed. I know this is requested in a few other posts, but this list wouldn't be complete without mentioning it again.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Post is closed for comments.